Pritzker essay

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Macbeth

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello.

One of the Pritzker essays asks applicants to relate an experience in which they "truly helped someone." I really want to talk about a time when I pitched in at my hospital during a power outage. I didnt help any one person per se, but it was really a time when I felt like I was making a real contribution. Do you think the language of the question demands an experience when I helped an individual?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I also talked about helping a group of people. I don't think it matters TOO much. :oops:

i think that sounds great! go for it!

Members don't see this ad :)
I agree. Sounds like your experience will make a perfect anecdote. Go for it.

Macbeth said:
Hello.

One of the Pritzker essays asks applicants to relate an experience in which they "truly helped someone." I really want to talk about a time when I pitched in at my hospital during a power outage. I didnt help any one person per se, but it was really a time when I felt like I was making a real contribution. Do you think the language of the question demands an experience when I helped an individual?

Thanks.

Hi everyone, I am having trouble starting the last Pritzker essay about how I fit. I know what I want to say in the body of the essay, but starting it is hard. If anyone has any ideas, that'd be great. Writer's block :cool: :confused:

Thanks guys, problem solved. Easiest way to cure writer's block? WRITE :laugh:

Macbeth said:
Hello.

Thanks.

Unless you are the same person who asked this before, I know for sure that someone else was already talking about using this idea for Pritzker. :confused:

jackieMD2007 said:
Unless you are the same person who asked this before, I know for sure that someone else was already talking about using this idea for Pritzker. :confused:

Likely, since I brought this thread back from the dead, i.e 5 days ago :sleep:

Gotcha. Thought it sounded familiar. :laugh:

That sounds like a great idea for an essay. I talked about a time when I "helped" a hispanic patient deliver a baby because I was the only one who could translate the nurse's instructions. (I put it in quotes, because all I really did was talk, but the docs said it really helped). I guess that counts as helping one person, but don't forget they're also probably looking for what your definition of "help" is - whether you can see past just the medical context of what help is, and understand it in a mature, worldly context :) (sorry if that sounded way to deep/snobbish, but I feel it's key to the question)

I wrote about one of the students I tutored this past year.