1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Pritzker interview

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by docman, Dec 10, 2002.

1. docman

docman Member
    7+ Year Member

I interviewed at Pritzker early November and am still waiting for their decision... just wondering if anyone who interviewed Nov. 5 or later has heard back yet.

Thanks!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. jwin

jwin Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

i interviewed mid november and haven't heard a thing. i think they said 8-10 weeks or something like that. according to us news they accept almost half the people they interview so who knows what they do for 8-10 weeks.

what did you think of the school? i really liked it. there match list is phenomenal as are their fascilities. my tour guide/lunch guy was TOO GOOD though. he was a slippery politician. i did not feel like i got an honest opinion of anything there. oh well, i really hope i get in and good luck to you.

4. Gumshoe

Gumshoe LARGE Member
    10+ Year Member

It'll take at least 6 weeks ... probably 8. I hope it works out, guys. Do you think the interview is one of the BIGGEST components of selection for them? Cuz my stats probably don't compare to most of the admitted to U of C, but I don't feel like I'm inferior in any way --- and I had a good interview (whatever that means, haha)

Cheers,

Gumshoe

5. Peter Parker

Peter Parker Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Interviewed Nov. 4. Got the call on Dec. 3

6. Gumshoe

Gumshoe LARGE Member
    10+ Year Member

what does Baylor med 2007 mean if you are interviewing at Pritzker? Perhaps a trickster among us?

gum

7. Peter Parker

10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    It means I have chosen to go to Baylor next year. However, I have also been accepted to the University of Chicago. I will likely withdraw my acceptance there in the next few weeks. No trickster here.

8. *fatmike*

*fatmike* Member
    7+ Year Member

Gumshoe,

you got an interview at UChicago and got rejected post secondary from UIC, WTF is that all about?? I sure hope you get in to UChicago and can just send that acceptance priority mail to the dean of admissions at UIC!!! good luck!

9. docman

docman Member
    7+ Year Member

Hey guys,

It's been 6.5 weeks post-interview for me, and nada. Have any of you heard anything through a phone call or mail yet?

10. Gumshoe

Gumshoe LARGE Member
    10+ Year Member

docman, I'm guessing you'll hear in mid January, like the rest ... i think the committee really meets around Jan 22 ...

yeah, who knows fatmike, this stuff is messed up. Some people see it in me. F UIC if you know what I mean.

Take care,

Gumshoe

11. Peter Parker

10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    docman,

I interviewed on 11/04/02 at Pritzker. I'm not sure of when the committee meets, but I do know they have met a few times already. I am at Northwestern and they have given acceptances to 5 other students here (all who interviewed earlier than me).

Personally, I received a call from a 4th year on the night of 12/03/02. She congratulated me and said the committee had just met and decided to accept me. Then, she mentioned that they would be sending out a formal letter of acceptance within the week. That letter was post-marked 12/12/02.

It's a very well-written letter, and it asks you to reply to Pritzker with a decision within two weeks: accept, remain undecided, or withdraw. I chose to "remain undecided" as I'm holding out for their financial aid information slated to follow sometime in January 2003. Hope this helps some. And best of luck! If you have any other questions, PM me.

P. Parker

12. badgergirl

badgergirl look! i have no avatar...
    7+ Year Member

parker - i have a question for you. i've never heard of anything like that letter -- when they say accept, does that mean your decision is binding and you're basically enrolling? if you remain undecided, are you holding a spot? i'm assuming that's what it is, but i always thought may 15th was the day you had to stop holding acceptances and pick one. my interview isn't until the first full week of january, and who knows if i'll even get in anyway, but this made me so curious i had to ask.
    ~thanks~

13. Peter Parker

10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    badgergirl,

From what I gather, I don't think the decision is binding at all. Rather, the letter mentions that they need some kind of an idea of the student's interest so they can better organize their class. It makes sense to me -- after all, Pritzker is a very practical place. Otherwise, you are right in that May 15 is the final binding deadline to notify them one way or another.

Best of luck at your interview in January! I don't think I've been more impressed with the caliber of my fellow interviewees than at Pritzker. You guys will all bond (the group is usually 6-8) really well, and they'll give you a picture at the end of the day with your interview group. Remember, if you interview there, the odds of getting in are quite high!

If it's your top choice, communicate this with Sylvia or Dean Lombard (you'll interview with one of them for sure) -- it counts for a lot! I also recommend staying with a student host if you get the chance. They provided invaluable insight and even knew some of my interviewers the next day! If you need any more insight into interview day or Pritzker, feel free to PM me.

P. Parker

14. badgergirl

badgergirl look! i have no avatar...
    7+ Year Member

thanks parker! this is definitely one of my top two, so i'm excited for the interview. congrats on your acceptance, btw!

15. uofchopeful

uofchopeful Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

You think that's funny? I got an interview at UChicago and a PRE-SECONDARY rejection from Northwestern.

Chew on that, Fatmike.

16. VienneseWaltz

10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I think they must be smoking crack at Northwestern. I interviewed at U of C, too (10/24, alternate pool as of mid-Jan), and 4 of the top 5 ... but no love from Northwestern ... O-kay ...

17. Gumshoe

Gumshoe LARGE Member
    10+ Year Member

All this stuff is crazy. If anyone has a question, feel free to PM me. I really only know about IL schools, and specifically can dig info out of Loyola or UofC, or give you my best guess.

I'm still going after it, with my

EYE$ on the PRIZE

Gumshoe

Take care of yourselves, it's coming down to it ... but there's still time