pritzker or emory avg board scores?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

abc123456

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
anyone know them or where I might be able to find that info?

Members don't see this ad.

there must be someone out there who has interviewed at either of these schools and asked about it or perhaps knows/is a current student...anyone???

i wouldnt sweat it too much...i'm sure they're both significantly above the nat'l average, and probably within a couple points of each other. personally, i think the average board scores are more indicative of the quality of the students in the school than the school itself.

Members don't see this ad :)
vn2004 said:
i'm sure they're both significantly above the nat'l average, and probably within a couple points of each other.

Surprisingly, at Pritzker, they're not. They're about average from year to year, and yet the match lists are still pretty phenomenal, so the boards, while very important, are neither overemphasized here, nor do poor scores by any means rule you out of any specialties. Most programs are aware that Pritzker produces good residents regardless of their board scores, and that reputation tends to overshadow poor test-taking, if present. This school takes pride in the fact that it does not teach to the boards, but rather produces competent and knowledgeable physicians. Given the format of most of our exams (essay-based), a lot of people have more trouble than expected on the multiple-choice boards because we haven't seen that type of exam throughout most of med school, especially compared to some schools who use board-style questions for every exam. But again, it doesn't matter as much here as it might elsewhere.

vn2004 said:
personally, i think the average board scores are more indicative of the quality of the students in the school than the school itself.

Really?
I don't know what other schools' board scores are, but I'd bet there are some other top schools who are in the same situation as I've described above.

Ben

nosugrefneb said:
Surprisingly, at Pritzker, they're not. They're about average from year to year, and yet the match lists are still pretty phenomenal, so the boards, while very important, are neither overemphasized here, nor do poor scores by any means rule you out of any specialties. Most programs are aware that Pritzker produces good residents regardless of their board scores, and that reputation tends to overshadow poor test-taking, if present. This school takes pride in the fact that it does not teach to the boards, but rather produces competent and knowledgeable physicians. Given the format of most of our exams (essay-based), a lot of people have more trouble than expected on the multiple-choice boards because we haven't seen that type of exam throughout most of med school, especially compared to some schools who use board-style questions for every exam. But again, it doesn't matter as much here as it might elsewhere.

Really?
I don't know what other schools' board scores are, but I'd bet there are some other top schools who are in the same situation as I've described above.

Ben

thanks Ben!
anyone else with insight into emory?

snowgirl said:
thanks Ben!
anyone else with insight into emory?
an admissions officer that i know told me that she likes to see at least 10's for all the sections in the mcat. average acceptance is 32

hope this helps

nosugrefneb said:

Really?

Ben

I heard that Pritzker incorporates alot of research based lectures into the curriculum.

I know that USC teaches towards the boards.