Pritzker Revisit Day

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DNM503

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anybody gone to any of these? Is it worth the travel expenses? Right now, Pritzker is my 3rd choice...but I've been waitlisted at my first choice and I have yet to hear from my second. I'm debating whether or not to go to a revisit day...since it is only really a day (plus dinner the night before), unlike many places that have second look "weekends." Plus, they have so many of them, I'm guessing few students are at each one. Anyway, has anybody gone...and if so, did you learn a lot more about the school/area/Chicago/students? Thanks everyone.

Members don't see this ad.

DNM503 said:
Has anybody gone to any of these? Is it worth the travel expenses? Right now, Pritzker is my 3rd choice...but I've been waitlisted at my first choice and I have yet to hear from my second. I'm debating whether or not to go to a revisit day...since it is only really a day (plus dinner the night before), unlike many places that have second look "weekends." Plus, they have so many of them, I'm guessing few students are at each one. Anyway, has anybody gone...and if so, did you learn a lot more about the school/area/Chicago/students? Thanks everyone.

anyone?

Members don't see this ad :)
i went - it was kind of unimpressive compared to cornell's and what i hear of other schools'. but it's only the 2nd or 3rd year they've ever done it...there's dinner the night before, then you sit in on a class, meet in a small group with a random doctor (this is like super random!), and hear about financial aid. you also have time to look around hyde park and get a feel for housing there.

i think the most unimpressive thing was that it wasn't all that well organized, or it didn't feel that way at least. didn't seem like they put a ton of effort into it.

Im sorry you were unimpressed with the revisit day. I know they planned it as small groups to have a more personal feel to it but perhaps they should just have one big "weekend" like some schools. Regardless, as I first year, I can say the the administration here is awesome and more than takes care of you as a student. So, if you like Chicago, dont let a revisit change your opinion of it. I am very happy I chose to come here and the school is just getting better and better.

Thanks for the comments everyone--I think I am just going to wait until I decide whether or not to actually attend the school and then revisit on my own.

housemd said:
Im sorry you were unimpressed with the revisit day. I know they planned it as small groups to have a more personal feel to it but perhaps they should just have one big "weekend" like some schools. Regardless, as I first year, I can say the the administration here is awesome and more than takes care of you as a student. So, if you like Chicago, dont let a revisit change your opinion of it. I am very happy I chose to come here and the school is just getting better and better.

That's exactly right: We specifically DON'T do huge weekends so that folks can get a more personal feel of the school in small groups and concentrate on its plusses and minuses, not be overwhelmed by the crowd. Actually last year it was restructured a bit and given more organization, and there is a lot of effort put into these revisits - you'd be surprised how hard it is to accomodate everyone who's been accepted into such a compact revisit group - so I'm sorry to hear that you thought otherwise, somewhere.

I think if you would consider coming to school here at all and are having difficulty deciding, you should definitely come on back for another look. Chicago can be a nasty place in the winter but spring is right around the corner...

nosugrefneb said:
That's exactly right: We specifically DON'T do huge weekends so that folks can get a more personal feel of the school in small groups and concentrate on its plusses and minuses, not be overwhelmed by the crowd. Actually last year it was restructured a bit and given more organization, and there is a lot of effort put into these revisits - you'd be surprised how hard it is to accomodate everyone who's been accepted into such a compact revisit group - so I'm sorry to hear that you thought otherwise, somewhere.

I think if you would consider coming to school here at all and are having difficulty deciding, you should definitely come on back for another look. Chicago can be a nasty place in the winter but spring is right around the corner...
Did the rest of you guys get sent a DVD made by a couple of fourth-year students? I just watched it this past weekend, and in spite of it being totally cheesy and staged ( :smuggrin: ), I actually found it pretty helpful and informative. I recommend that you watch it if you haven't already. I thought it was especially cool that so many alums stay at Chicago, and that they have such great diversity (racial, but also age, backgrounds, etc.)

You must have been too busy working, Dr. Q! You missed the thread about it a li'l bit ago.

I liked it. So did my boyfriend. He "got it" a little better, I think, about why I liked Pritzker so much.

MollyMalone said:
You must have been too busy working, Dr. Q! You missed the thread about it a li'l bit ago.

I liked it. So did my boyfriend. He "got it" a little better, I think, about why I liked Pritzker so much.
:oops: Thanks, MM. You're right, I did miss the thread. Seriously, getting a PhD cuts WAY too much into my SDN surfing time. :rolleyes: I'll never get another one because of that. :p

this is a little off topic, but does anyone know when we can expect to have our financial aid packages from pritzker?

somewhere2010 said:
this is a little off topic, but does anyone know when we can expect to have our financial aid packages from pritzker?

I emailed them on Friday to confirm that they'd received everything they needed and asked this question. They have not emailed me back. I'm going to call tomorrow and find out what's up.

MollyMalone said:
I emailed them on Friday to confirm that they'd received everything they needed and asked this question. They have not emailed me back. I'm going to call tomorrow and find out what's up.

cool, thanks molly! suddenly i want concrete numbers and would really like to make my decision soon! :rolleyes: i have a feeling i won't be getting much fom pritzker though...they've already handed out some merit scholarships, and i don't think their aid is that great.

somewhere2010 said:
cool, thanks molly! suddenly i want concrete numbers and would really like to make my decision soon! :rolleyes: i have a feeling i won't be getting much fom pritzker though...they've already handed out some merit scholarships, and i don't think their aid is that great.

I hear ya. The financial aid is going to be a big factor in my decision, that's why I'm bugging them. :D