Pritzker (U Chicago) Waitlist!

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by ghettobird, Jun 7, 2001.

1. ghettobird

ghettobird Member

Has anyone on the Pritzker waitlist heard anything good or bad? Is the class oversubsribed? I haven't noticed anything on any message boards (good or bad) recently. Thanks :) :)

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Cassidy61

Cassidy61 Senior Member

I had a similar question when I applied to U of C. Didn't get any communication until their first day of classes in september! By that time, I had already taken my first med school exam! Sorry if this makes you feel bad, but this is just my experience with them.

4. ghettobird

ghettobird Member

Sorry, that sucks. I had a feeling somebody would say something like that. I imagine you were pretty pissed when they called you (unless you ended up somewhere better).

Anybody who's currently on the list (or was accepted off the list) heard anything???

5. USeF

USeF sunny L.A.

in the vein of reviving last year's threads, I found this one. Looks like this guy is wanting to go to Pritzker badly and never gets in...

but if you check out this thread
    <a href="http://www.studentdoctor.net/cgi-bin/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=next_topic;f=1;t=002999;" target="_blank">http://www.studentdoctor.net/cgi-bin/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=next_topic;f=1;t=002999;</a>
    it looks like he DID get in afterall! Wish I could email him/her to confirm it was Pritzker, but since I can't, I'm telling myself it is :)

6. PelicanMan

PelicanMan Senior Member

Thanks for making this thread.

I am on the Pritzker waitlist.

I LOVE PRIZKER
    YOU DON'T KNOW HOW BADLY I WANT TO GO THERE.
    I WILL BE THE HAPPIEST PERSON IF THEY ACCEPT ME
    DAMIT I WANNA GO THERE SO BAD

7. catcher22

catcher22 Member

i'm on the Pritzker waitlist as well, interviewed 10/4...definitely call and check up on your status from time to time and as I remind myself - send updates when you can.

8. USeF

USeF sunny L.A.

pelican, schubie, catcher and whoever else is waiting:

when I called Audrey Gabriel (sounds like a superhero of some kind, doesn't it?) she said that right now they are still doing 1st reviews and will get to the hold list in April. I asked if I could speak to Dean Lombard directly sometime to see what it was specifically that would help me boost me higher on the list. She said that could be done, but to wait until April also.