Pritzker's Moral Essay

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Kovox, Oct 5, 2002.

1. Kovox

Kovox Going Places

Hello

For those who are experienced with Pritz's admission procedures:

How important is pritzker's essay?
    Would you say it's more important than the MCAT and GPA or is it not as important?

The essay is kind of tough,especially about the whole morality thing.

:eek:

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Andrew_Doan

Andrew_Doan Doc, Author, Entrepreneur
    Physician Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved

Attending Physician
    I hated that essay, and I am not sure how important it is. So I blew it off and wrote an average response. I didn't get in so that's probably an indication that you should take it seriously. :)

4. Dr. Wall$treet

Banned

god that one took me like a month ot get done. I put it off till the very end of all my apps. I am actualy surpised they asked you that cause it was kind of bringing in religion in alot of peoples cases or values that are based on beliefs, but i didnt think people should ask about that suff cause you konw everyone has biases about that stuff. I tried to just give an honest answer without to much stuff that could be looked upon unfavorable, staying neutral as far as religion and belifs go and just focus on waht kind of person i am. I also hated the one time you TRULY helped someone.. i mean come on now.. i hate those things

5. lll505

lll505 Senior Member

Im working on this one right now and I cant honestly answer the question without talking about God, even though I am not religious per se. Is it really bad for me to be honest and say that God is the most important influence in my life, even though that truly is where most of my morals and beliefs come from??

6. Curci

Curci The Master Chief

That's not bad AT ALL. Just make sure you don't sound close-minded about beliefs other than yours.

7. Street Philosopher

i just wrote about my basic values, like belief that hard work is good, you should strive to have wide ranging interests and be informed about things. doesn't have to be moral, per se.

8. RachelMann

RachelMann Junior Member

I think that this is actually a really innovative question...I definitely liked it more than the standard "tell us about your most important volunteer experience". But I am a liberal/feminist from Berkeley so i tried not to make myself sound too over the edge. I spoke about religion (jewish turned atheist) and my dad fighting in vietnam (pacifism). I also talked about books I had read...the moral is that i am interviewing at Pritzker in a week (AHHH! first one) and I think that they aren't looking for a crazy put together answer with references to plato and socrates but rather its an interesting way to get to know you. They learn just as much about you by what you choose to write about as compared to how you write about it...hope that made sense...
    Good luck

9. PluckyDuk8

PluckyDuk8 Pluck of all Plucks

Hehe, I also saved U of C until last...very annoying that I had to write 3 new essays.