Private loan sources for med school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

blee

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well, it looks like my wife has finally gotten her fill of work and wants to take care of our baby instead. Can't say that I blame her one bit, but that puts me in a bit of a pickle with respect to financing my education. I think we can get by on maxing out our federal funds, at least this year, but I wonder how things will work out in following years.

Have any non-trads here used private loans to help cover expenses during med school? Any particular lenders to watch for?

Members don't see this ad.

blee said:
Well, it looks like my wife has finally gotten her fill of work and wants to take care of our baby instead. Can't say that I blame her one bit, but that puts me in a bit of a pickle with respect to financing my education. I think we can get by on maxing out our federal funds, at least this year, but I wonder how things will work out in following years.

Have any non-trads here used private loans to help cover expenses during med school? Any particular lenders to watch for?
I was in your situation. Feel free to PM me if you want to chat.