Private Mcat tutor

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Premedstudent500

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I recently found an mcat tutor for verbal but I don't know if he is any good. It's $100/hr and I'm worried if it's a scam. The tutor's name is Vikas Jain possibly affiliated with a company called "mcat institute." I was wondering if anyone had him as a tutor or heard of him.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Not quite sure if he's any good. Some thorough online research will yeild information regarding questionable medical practices of his which resulted in the loss of his medical license. However, this may not have any bearing on his ability to tutor you for the mcat.

Lmao this is the conclusion I had to come to as well, but I wasn't sure if anyone specifically had him. But nail on head with what I was thinking

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, I am about to take the new MCAT and I wonder if anyone has taken/ able to suggest an MCAT tutor who has taken either the old or the new MCAT. Can you guys please suggest something. Thanks

Hey guys, I am about to take the new MCAT and I wonder if anyone has taken/ able to suggest an MCAT tutor who has taken either the old or the new MCAT. Can you guys please suggest something. Thanks

I linked to my general post above about things to watch for as you shop around for a tutor - I'd strongly suggest you read through that. As a general matter, I'd suggest that you either stick with someone you can get a good word of mouth recommendation for, or a company that specializes in tutoring, or a listing service (think WyzAnt). As great as Kap/TPR/EK are for books and classes, their tutoring is often lacking in the price-to-performance department.