Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Private Practice AFTER the military?

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by shamrock2006, Mar 27, 2007.

1. shamrock2006

5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Yeah I know I shoud probably post this in the military dentist forum..and maybe i will later..but this forum def. gets more play. Anyone who is going into the military post d-school thought about this? Maybe it's just b/c i'm brain dead lately but after you do your years of service and you go into the civlian world (if you choose to do so)...i'm assuming you cant just pick a state and go...right? There has to be something i'm missing.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. pre-dentalguy

pre-dentalguy Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Well, take into consideration, your license is nationally accredited, meaning that you can practice anywhere in the country. Some states may have a state license exam, however, you may need to confirm that with the state. I served 7 years in the USAF so I understand where you're coming from.

Do your research and keep your head up!

Marion

4. shamrock2006

5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    good to know good to know...i'm actually going to d-school on the AF HPSP and for some reason that just kinda popped into my head...talk about thinking WAY in advance :laugh:

5. shamrock2006

5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Would you, or anyone for that matter, know where I could find information about which states require their own licensing? I would think states like Cali and NY would have their own licensing protocol...but I'm looking to find out about all the states. thanks!

6. pre-dentalguy

pre-dentalguy Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Sorry bro, I'm not sure. Maybe someone will come on here and hook that up for you!

Marion