1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Private Practice AFTER the military?

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by shamrock2006, Mar 27, 2007.

1. shamrock2006

5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Yeah I know I shoud probably post this in the military dentist forum..and maybe i will later..but this forum def. gets more play. Anyone who is going into the military post d-school thought about this? Maybe it's just b/c i'm brain dead lately but after you do your years of service and you go into the civlian world (if you choose to do so)...i'm assuming you cant just pick a state and go...right? There has to be something i'm missing.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. pre-dentalguy

pre-dentalguy Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Well, take into consideration, your license is nationally accredited, meaning that you can practice anywhere in the country. Some states may have a state license exam, however, you may need to confirm that with the state. I served 7 years in the USAF so I understand where you're coming from.

Do your research and keep your head up!

Marion

4. shamrock2006

5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    good to know good to know...i'm actually going to d-school on the AF HPSP and for some reason that just kinda popped into my head...talk about thinking WAY in advance :laugh:

5. shamrock2006

5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Would you, or anyone for that matter, know where I could find information about which states require their own licensing? I would think states like Cali and NY would have their own licensing protocol...but I'm looking to find out about all the states. thanks!

6. pre-dentalguy

pre-dentalguy Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Sorry bro, I'm not sure. Maybe someone will come on here and hook that up for you!

Marion