• Set Yourself Up For Success Webinar

October 6, 2021 at 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific
    SDN and Osmosis are teaming up to help you get set up for success this school year! We'll be covering study tips, healthy habits, and meeting mentors.

Register Now!

• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

Private practice with lifestyle focus

Attending1985

7+ Year Member
Apr 1, 2014
  1. Resident [Any Field]
  2. Attending Physician
My dream would be starting my own pp and working with people who are interested in nutritional and lifestyle interventions as well as psychotherapy. I would not be opposed to prescribing medications but it would not be my focus. I’m employed right now and I don’t see a demand for this from my patient population. This makes me question the feasibility of actually doing this. Any input appreciated.

Monocles

10+ Year Member
Feb 6, 2011
Boston, MA
  1. Attending Physician
Move to an affluent place with lots of health-conscious professionals. I'm sure tons of people would be lining up. Hell, you can start a whole partial program and fill the morning with exercise classes, yoga, nutrition/cooking followed by an hour of group therapy.

Why doesn't this already exist??

Reactions: 2 users
About the Ads

Sushirolls

Topped with salmon, avocado and tobiko
10+ Year Member
Feb 24, 2010
Not Big Box Shop
  1. Attending Physician
It's practically the business model of Natropathic doctors, except they are also doing miracle infusions, too. Your competition will be largely ND, and DC, and the occasional FM/IM who has such a clinic.

In my area I've even seen a group of nothing but ARNP/FNP, with NDs.

Reactions: 1 user

Attending1985

7+ Year Member
Apr 1, 2014
  1. Resident [Any Field]
  2. Attending Physician
It's practically the business model of Natropathic doctors, expect they are also doing miracle infusions, too. Your competition will be largely ND, and DC, and the occasional FM/IM who has such a clinic.

In my area I've even seen a group of nothing but ARNP/FNP, with NDs.
I wouldn’t be doing testing of hormones/heavy metals/nutrients that naturopaths do. I would be offering psychiatric services that emphasize nutrition, exercise, psychotherapy but utilize medications.

Attending1985

7+ Year Member
Apr 1, 2014
  1. Resident [Any Field]
  2. Attending Physician
Move to an affluent place with lots of health-conscious professionals. I'm sure tons of people would be lining up. Hell, you can start a whole partial program and fill the morning with exercise classes, yoga, nutrition/cooking followed by an hour of group therapy.

Why doesn't this already exist??
Yeah my patient population is definitely not affluent.

Candidate2017

2+ Year Member
Oct 14, 2016
I wouldn’t be doing testing of hormones/heavy metals/nutrients that naturopaths do. I would be offering psychiatric services that emphasize nutrition, exercise, psychotherapy but utilize medications.

Huge demand. We do this in our residency clinic that has a 2 month wait. Seems like your employer is about the low hanging high volume, which makes sense since they have to pay themselves and you.

Attending1985

7+ Year Member
Apr 1, 2014
  1. Resident [Any Field]
  2. Attending Physician
Tell us more. What does this vision look like? The nutrition emphasize, the exercise, and therapy approach? Help me understand how this practice will be different than a simple private practice?
This wouldn’t be radically different than a simple private practice. I would be incorporating dietary approaches (keto, elimination, anti-inflammatory) as well as focusing on incorporating exercise as a treatment or preventative. Someday I would love to study yoga myself and incorporate that.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.