Private Student Loans in Today's Financial Climate

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bee3615

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
like every pre-dental student out there, i spent every waking moment agonizing over whether i was going to gain any acceptance. Now that i have four, and i have the luxury of picking :love:...the next hurdle is student loans. my question is if any1 knows what private loans look like now (availability and # of hoops to jump through), especially for international students with co-signers :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

like every pre-dental student out there, i spent every waking moment agonizing over whether i was going to gain any acceptance. Now that i have four, and i have the luxury of picking :love:...the next hurdle is student loans. my question is if any1 knows what private loans look like now (availability and # of hoops to jump through), especially for international students with co-signers :confused:

Being an international student myself, I'll say that getting a cosigner is the big hurdle. If u have crossed it, start shopping- compare in terms of APR, repayment period, co signer release option, fees like originaton fees, disbursement fee, if you get a break on APR for having direct deposit etc.
You'll have to apply for loans year by year anyway. This economic crisis may not last that long. Right now, the experts say that 18-24 months is the predicted turnaround time.

Being an international student myself, I'll say that getting a cosigner is the big hurdle. If u have crossed it, start shopping- compare in terms of APR, repayment period, co signer release option, fees like originaton fees, disbursement fee, if you get a break on APR for having direct deposit etc.
You'll have to apply for loans year by year anyway. This economic crisis may not last that long. Right now, the experts say that 18-24 months is the predicted turnaround time.
thanks a lot!! u don't mind if i pm u, if i have any other quests?