Pro SPORTS teams & Podiatrists?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

delayofgame

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone know ANY team ANYWHERE, that had a DPM associated with it? Can u really make a practice with a team, like hockey or hoops, since wheels are relied upon soo much in these up & down, wear/tear on the lower extrem's sports? ANY ADVICE would help? I know theres ACPSM , do they do REAL sports med type stuff or not? thanx

Members don't see this ad.

Just as an example, Shaq just had his surgery done by a podiatrist who is Chief of Podiatric Surgery at UCLA. I would guess since the World Champion Lakers would trust a podiatrist with the most dominant basketball player of our time, there would probably be a few other professional sports teams who would as well.

when i was at Barry U, i remember reading the school's newsletter and it featured one of Cleveland Indians team doctor which was a D.P.M, but you might want to double check.

Members don't see this ad :)
A D.P.M. from New Jersey who is the Sports Podiatrist for the New Jersey Nets, was on the Today Show this morning.

There are very few podiatrists whoa re team physicians. There is now way to revolve a practice around a team, there is not enough work even if they decided to use a pod, which most do not. Ortho is the king of the sports world.