prob considered trolling but oh well

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stifler

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
prob considered trolling but oh well...

so yea i was reading this article on med students doing gyno exams. for some of them its their first time touching the female crotch region (at least alive that is, im sure theyve done it in anatomy).

i think that is flat out hilarious. any of you guys in that position?

no im not in that position, but i would feel so weird at first doing it to a complete stranger. and what if she is flipping hot. i wont do anything bad or inappropriote not because im nonsexual, but because as a premed now im busting so much ass that im not going to screw up my career over something like that.

anyways, any of you med school students have stories of your classmates like that? did any of them faint? or got a massive boner?

(once again im not trying to troll, im just chucklng about it and im procrasinating my physics studying)

Members don't see this ad.

stifler said:

so yea i was reading this article on med students doing gyno exams. for some of them its their first time touching the female crotch region (at least alive that is, im sure theyve done it in anatomy).

i think that is flat out hilarious. any of you guys in that position?

no im not in that position, but i would feel so weird at first doing it to a complete stranger. and what if she is flipping hot. i wont do anything bad or inappropriote not because im nonsexual, but because as a premed now im busting so much ass that im not going to screw up my career over something like that.

anyways, any of you med school students have stories of your classmates like that? did any of them faint? or got a massive boner?

(once again im not trying to troll, im just chucklng about it and im procrasinating my physics studying)

LOL. Good thread.

I honestly would think if I was in ob/gyn and examining a 22yr old hot blonde I would pop a massive boner :D :D :D

I'm not sure what you meant by this statement though:

i wont do anything bad or inappropriote not because im nonsexual, but because as a premed now im busting so much ass that im not going to screw up my career over something like that.

I guess I've got a leg up on this one. obviously never done a pelvic, but I've done many a transvaginal sonogram.

and I'm not a guy.

Members don't see this ad :)
basically im trying to say that im not going to like bone her. it isnt because im gay or nonsexual. it is because of how hard im busting my ass as a premed and how hard i will be busting my ass in med school. besides by then i would hopefully have a trophy wife (or a mistress on the side) haha.

i heard for the first time for med students they get this women who like sits naked and lets the whole class examine her. she is like a trained pro at it. she explains what happens and how you are suppose to talk, what words you use, etc.

so ladies what would you think if some med student probed your cooch to learn how to do it while you are waking up from surgery? they do that at teaching hospitals. read the fine print to get out of it!

I get hard too easily anyways, if she was hot I'd rippa my pants!

I'd remain mature about it though, but I can't control those involuntary mechanisms ;0

Turkeyman said:
I get hard too easily anyways, if she was hot I'd rippa my pants!

I'd remain mature about it though, but I can't control those involuntary mechanisms ;0

lol. Being a man is tough :eek:

being stifler in a world of so many beautiful women is tougher.

you should post on it on allo to get some real feedback, whereas here its speculation. its a funny but viable question. ive always been under the impression that diseased patients would be a big turn off, so the problem wouldnt "arise"? or actually lounge might be better for this nature

it saddens me to think there are 20-somethings out there that have been so focused on their educations that they haven't enjoyed the pleasure of the opposite sex.* seriously, saddening.

* - this statement makes two bigoted assumptions. the first is that these sex-starved individuals did not do so out of any religious/moral obligation, and the second is that they are all straight males. deal with it.

stifler said:

Learning how to do gyn/gu exams is a disturbing experience. You will see what I'm talking about when your time comes.

Controlling your...ummm...reflexes won't be necessary. Those will be forgotten outside the door

Tigerstang said:
it saddens me to think there are 20-somethings out there that have been so focused on their educations that they haven't enjoyed the pleasure of the opposite sex.* seriously, saddening.

* - this statement makes two bigoted assumptions. the first is that these sex-starved individuals did not do so out of any religious/moral obligation, and the second is that they are all straight males. deal with it.

Perhaps these people are religious and do not believe in adultery?
Have fun getting AIDS and dying if you enjoy sex with many women :thumbup:

stifler said:
i heard for the first time for med students they get this women who like sits naked and lets the whole class examine her. she is like a trained pro at it. she explains what happens and how you are suppose to talk, what words you use, etc.
professional teachers who you exam and they talk you through it. From those who have experienced it that have passed it on. My friend was freaked out that the lady was talking to her about how to DO the exam when she was the one HAVING the exam. :laugh:

And when you get to this, you will wish you NEVER went there. You won't have to worry about boners. You will see the nastiest **** you have ever seen and will NEVER, EVER want to have sex again. (ok maybe not the last part but you will make sure your partner is tested for EVERYTHING)

Not likely that you'll encounter any hotties volunteering for this. The woman is more likely to be like your mom.

Members don't see this ad :)
TheProwler said:
Not likely that you'll encounter any hotties volunteering for this. The woman is more likely to be like your mom.

:eek: AHHHHHHHHH

Masamune4567, I hope you're not serious about that statement, because I find it rather immature. As a doc, shouldn't you learn to respect the lifestyle decisions of others? You're not there to make personal judgements. People who choose to engage in intercourse before marriage should respect the decisions of those who choose to wait, and likewise, you shouldn't pass judgement on those engaging in pre-marital sex. Choosing to have multiple partners is NOT choosing disease. The risk of transmission of AIDS is actually relatively low, meaning that the heathans aren't going to die any time soon. And don't forget that if you want to be a doctor, you run a substantial risk of getting needle sticks, blood splashes in your eye, etc. But you'll learn that the risk of HIV transmission from a percutaneous injury is 0.3%, and you'll also learn that HIV is not your biggest concern. So chill on the dieing stuff.

(And Tigerstang made their disclaimer excluding those who chose not to have sex and those who are homosexual from their statement. So if you did it for religious reasons, Tigerstang isn't refering to you!)

Don't respond to masemume he just uses inflammatory posts to get attention.

MaDe in Cali said:
Masamune4567, I hope you're not serious about that statement, because I find it rather immature. As a doc, shouldn't you learn to respect the lifestyle decisions of others?
Don't want to start an argument, but I find these words above to epitomize the misguided nature of our postmodern, tolerance worshiping culture. There is absolutely NO requirement to respect someone's "lifestyle decisions." Some lifestyles really are wiser than others. In certain parts of Africa men infected with HIV have been known to rape infants because of a superstition that vaginal intercourse with a virgin is a cure! I will not respect THIS lifestyle, and I'm appalled that you do (according to your words). Certain lifestyles of hedonism and unprotected sex lead to debilitating sexually transmitted diseases and, as potential physicians, we should not be shrugging our shoulders and "respecting" their decisions. We should be educating the populace about their decisions which lead to regret.

The only obligation we will have as physicians is to TREAT people. We have no obligation to respect their poor choices.

"Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions."
G.K.Chesterton

newguy357 said:
The only obligation we will have as physicians is to TREAT people. We have no obligation to respect their poor choices.

G.K.Chesterton

Excatly.

It is not my job to tolerate someone who sleeps with many different people and gets AIDS. It is my job to treat them, however.

But to expect me to condone/respect the lifestyle they live is something I cannot do. However, I would never say this in an interview, I am not that stupid :D :D :D Once I get my MD, then I can be more open about my beliefs.

Ha, Stifler, I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that you too have never seen the female anatomy. Simply because anyone who brags about something like that is usually trying to convince others of something, when in fact they are totally out of the game. It's cool, man, don't let it get you down - some guys just arent meant to be the ladies man. :thumbup:

newguy357 said:
Certain lifestyles of hedonism and unprotected sex lead to debilitating sexually transmitted diseases and, as potential physicians, we should not be shrugging our shoulders and "respecting" their decisions. We should be educating the populace about their decisions which lead to regret.

G.K.Chesterton

How about we educate the populace in how to practice their lifestyles safely and responsibly? because we all know that a doctor telling you to do something or not do something doesn't make them start/stop. an MD behind your name isn't THAT powerful, and don't kid yourself into thinking it is.

nerdgrrl said:
How about we educate the populace in how to practice their lifestyles safely and responsibly? because we all know that a doctor telling you to do something or not do something doesn't make them start/stop. an MD behind your name isn't THAT powerful, and don't kid yourself into thinking it is.
I wasn't advocating that physicians make it their sacred duty to educate the masses (although, as I mentioned in passing, they can have some effect with patients who trust them)--just that we don't have to respect *****ic lifestyles.

newguy357 said:
Don't want to start an argument, but I find these words above to epitomize the misguided nature of our postmodern, tolerance worshiping culture. There is absolutely NO requirement to respect someone's "lifestyle decisions." Some lifestyles really are wiser than others. In certain parts of Africa men infected with HIV have been known to rape infants because of a superstition that vaginal intercourse with a virgin is a cure! I will not respect THIS lifestyle, and I'm appalled that you do (according to your words). Certain lifestyles of hedonism and unprotected sex lead to debilitating sexually transmitted diseases and, as potential physicians, we should not be shrugging our shoulders and "respecting" their decisions. We should be educating the populace about their decisions which lead to regret.

G.K.Chesterton

The scenario you indicated above is not a lifestyle decision. It is a problem with education. Those men sleep with virgins in hope of a cure, not because that is the life they choose to lead. Nerdgrrl is right. It's about education, not making moral judgements. There's not much more risk to a person having multiple partners if they practice safe sex and get tested regularly than to any healthcare professional. They are both "lifestyle" choices. But healthcare professionals are educated about the risks of disease and how to decrease that risk. No one looks down on those who choose to work in our field. Likewise, we need to educate others that while abstinence is the only 100% way to prevent the spread of STD and unwanted pregnancies, there are options available to those who choose to engage in intercourse.

When I talk about respecting lifestyle choices, I talk about respecting those that have no direct bearing on the person's health - sexual orientation, level of promiscuity (high and low). Having multiple partners has moral implications, but it does not mean that those people will absolutely nor do they deserve to incur an STD in the course. On the other hand, doing drugs, habitually drinking, chain smoking - those are lifestyle choices no doctor could possibly repect. However, we can approach it with more understanding by asking why users do what they do. And while as doctors, we can't do much to solve society's problems, I think our patients will listen a little bit more if we approach them with a little bit more of that compassion. Yes, it's that word we like to throw around on our personal statements and during interviews - apply it.

And I don't expect everyone to condone one type of lifestyle or another; I don't expect everyone to agree with one or another. But is it too much to ask for a little respect? "I choose to live the life I lead for reasons X, Y, and Z, and I firmly believe in the way I do things. But you choose to do things differently and I respect your right to choose." So maybe it's not a respect for another's choice I hope others would possess, but a respect for their right to choose, as long as it's not hurting them or anyone else (which is the big disclaimer).

yes!!! good job maDe in cali!!!

all of you guys worried about possible erections during pelvic exams, i am positive you'll have better things to worry about very soon. till then, relax and enjoy more typical college sexual experiences....

SanDiegoSOD said:
Ha, Stifler, I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that you too have never seen the female anatomy. Simply because anyone who brags about something like that is usually trying to convince others of something, when in fact they are totally out of the game. It's cool, man, don't let it get you down - some guys just arent meant to be the ladies man. :thumbup:

thats a pretty jack ass comment. no one else has said anything because most of them believe what im trying to say. why dont you get back to your circle jerk club and lead the first session and get out of my thread.

ps believe what you want not like your beliefs affect my life.

TheProwler said:

Yes - there was a Village Voice (I believe) article floating around on SDN a while back which indicated that the women who were employed as such teaching aids tended to be middle aged women who had had bad prior healthcare experiences and were doing this as an effort to improve medical care - not 21 year old model-types.
And frankly when you start practicing in a hospital setting, you will note that healthy young attractive women will definitely be a rarity. In non-prediatrics you will generally be deaing with people 18-100+ (so the younger ages make up a smaller percentage and tend to only come to the hospital when stricken with disease anyhow), and the top end of the scale will be showing up at the hospital with far more frequency. So getting turned on probably won't be an issue.

Masamune4567 said:
lol. Being a man is tough :eek:

Umm... Which gender is being subjected to these exams by newbies? I think women have it worse! :laugh:

But seriously, can you imagine being a teacher like that to med students? The pay must be good, but I bet that first day is so awkward for the med students.

I've been to my doctor for a physical a couple of times when she had med students there on rotations, and it's not really too bad having a pelvic from a med student, but it's slow and awkward and clumsy. I bet those women don't know what to think when they go to their actual physicians and get a professional physical. :confused:

Getting back to the original post and away from attacking the OP, I think this is a great post.. and one that my girlfriend and I have discussed frequently.

At UC Davis SOM, several "actresses" come in and receive papsmears from the medical students (I believe in the second year).

My girlfriend didn't like this idea, but realizes that it is strictly professional, and that I more than likely will not go into OB/GYN.

And true, I don't think that I will get excited about a 40 yr old woman's crotch.

For you guys out there that think you will get a hottie, I bet you're more than likely to end up sticking your fingers up some 70 yr old's anus and checkin' that prostate. woohoo!!

i wont do anything bad or inappropriote not because im nonsexual, but because as a premed now im busting so much ass that im not going to screw up my career over something like that.

or maybe you shouldn't do anything inappropriate out of respect for another person and to quit living up to the pig nature typical of males.

parloitaliano said:
or maybe you shouldn't do anything inappropriate out of respect for another person and to quit living up to the pig nature typical of males.

get real dude. guys are like this in someway or another. stop thinking you are above us. if you really are, you wouldnt be in this world. now shoo.

While we're talking about tolerance and such, did anyone read the New York Times Magazine article a few weeks back about why conservative nuts are against gay marriage? Talk about uneducated - those people are hilarious.

PostalWookie said:
While we're talking about tolerance and such, did anyone read the New York Times Magazine article a few weeks back about why conservative nuts are against gay marriage? Talk about uneducated - those people are hilarious.
That's not very tolerant of you. I hope you're not too dense to see the irony of your statement--but based upon the ignorance of your first, you'll probably not understand.

Marriage has always (repeat: always) been defined as a union between a man and a woman. Please read that again. The very word "marriage" was DEFINED in dictionaries as a union between a man and a woman. Civil unions between gays? You can make your case. But it is actually impossible for two gays to be married to each other unless you change the very definition of the word. It is a contradiction of terms how it now stands.

But you leftists will no doubt change the definition of "marriage" for the sake of political correctness, just like however many other words you've already altered.

I'm going out of town in moments, so I won't be reading this board for a week. No doubt I'll be glad, since a bunch of you idiots are about to put your feet in your mouths once again.

Law2Doc said:
And frankly when you start practicing in a hospital setting, you will note that healthy young attractive women will definitely be a rarity.
Word. In my line of work, I almost never see that. I see young women....but they're usually not attractive. :scared: I think the most attractive female I saw was about 15. :laugh: It's my great (mis)fortune to usually see grandma with her clothes off.