Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Probable U.Pitt Matriculants!

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Jonny-5, Mar 1, 2002.

1. Jonny-5

Jonny-5 Member
    7+ Year Member

So, who is pretty sure U.Pitt is the place for them? I am about 90% positive that I will add to the population of Pittsburgh ("I'll take words beginning with P for $500, Alex") :)

Anyone?

2. choker

choker Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

as of now, im going to pitt, but i still have to hear from (post-interview) cornell, harvard, mount sinai, and emory (although i am pretty sure i would pick pitt over emory). i am also waitlisted at stanford and columbia.

but if they dont pull through, im going to pitt :)
    :cool:

3. locitamd

locitamd Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

I'm in the same boat - as of now I'll be at Pitt next year. However, there might be one or two schools I'm waiting to hear from that might be able to lure me away.

I will say that Pitt's 2nd look weekend should be a ton of fun w/so many SDN'ers! We'll have to keep track of who's going...

Hope to see you all there,
    locita

4. Scooby Doo

Scooby Doo IEatShavedPussyCats
    10+ Year Member

It's going to be about financial aid and grants for me :)

If they want to give me lots of money...I will consider them more....

5. reesie0726

reesie0726 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I have to wait for financial aid packages too. I really liked Pitt but I have to see how that goes. I am also gonna go to the 2nd look weekend.

6. Trek

Trek Grand Uranium Member
    7+ Year Member

When is this second look, btw? i LOVED pitt and hopefully they'll gimme some money so i can go there over my state school! --Trek

7. Drako

Drako Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    There is a very high chance that I will also matriculate at PittMed (>95%). I love the school, its students, the curriculum, and the city. Of course cost is a concern, but isn't it your best investment to date - investing in yourself? I would also like to come back for the 2nd look weekend! We should start a list of people who are going back for the 2nd look weekend. :) Congrats to you all!

8. Papa Smurf

Papa Smurf Thug 4 Life
    7+ Year Member

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Trek:
    <strong>When is this second look, btw? i LOVED pitt and hopefully they'll gimme some money so i can go there over my state school! --Trek</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hey Trek, didn't you get into Baylor, Emory, and a couple of other places? You gonna take Pitt over Baylor, Emory, and your state school?

9. 8deuce

8deuce Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

i heard that Pitt has a lot of pbl. can anyone let me know how much or if it is 100% like Cornell.
    i know their board scores are outstanding and the clinical training is great
    congrats to all that have been accepted :D