Probation, Tuition, Transfer, GPA... Aaahh!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WithHeart

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Quit the private school and attend a community college until you are more stable financially and emotionally.

Most pharm schools do not care when or where you take your pre-reqs, as long as you get them done. Yes it's not good to get a whole semester of Fs, but doing well when you retake those classes and doing well in the rest of your classes should get you into pharm schools. You can also typically explain why you had a semester of bad grades, so you can help yourself out there. I think you should do whatever you can feasibly do and are comfortable with. Start pursuing the different avenues and see what is the best option for you.

Members don't see this ad :)
Since you have the option of attending a public school at a fraction of the cost, that's what I would do. You'll get nearly the same quality of education, potentially earn better grades than at the private school, and the reduced financial burden will certainly help out in easing the depression. I know it did for me. Unless this private school is ivy league or something, I don't think the admissions board will really be influenced by anything other than your GPA. Good luck!

I agree with most of the statements above. Take your classes at community college if you can. There are always those people that think its not as high quality of education compared to university but I would completely disagree. Half of the professors at my local CC where I took most of my pre-requisite courses were also teaching at the nearby university. Plus, those classes may have 12 people compared to the 160+ at the university. I thought CC was great and I got to know my professors lots better.

I agree with the others that you should take classes at a community college. Withdraw from all of your classes. Don't mess with the general chem incomplete. Forget it. Start over fresh at your new school.

Don't worry, you will get financial aid next semester. I completely withdrew from a semester and still received financial aid the next. You have to get those withdrawls because in order to fed aid you must have a cumlative gpa of 2.00.

Last edited:
Most pharm schools do not care when or where you take your pre-reqs, as long as you get them done. Yes it's not good to get a whole semester of Fs, but doing well when you retake those classes and doing well in the rest of your classes should get you into pharm schools. You can also typically explain why you had a semester of bad grades, so you can help yourself out there. I think you should do whatever you can feasibly do and are comfortable with. Start pursuing the different avenues and see what is the best option for you.

Pharmacy schools do in fact place higher emphasis on 4-year colleges versus community colleges. A C at a university and a C at a CC isn't the same.