Problem accessing Northwestern's application status website

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DoctorWannaBe

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is anyone else having problems with Northwestern's status website? I have tried to access my status site over and over again and it keeps saying that my AAMC ID and last name don't match. I have been using the same AAMC ID and name for the past month or two and have been able to access the site until today. I'm just hoping that they haven't deleted my file or something, and that it is just a temporary computer glitch.

Members don't see this ad.

It is working just fine for me. Try again and see what happens.

i am having the same problem

Members don't see this ad :)
ditto, same problem for me, too. I wouldn't worry, probably just temporary.

I'm still not having a problem so you might want to call if it doesn't resolve itself by tomorrow.

Same problem. I called them just now. I'll let you know what happens. I'm thinking they took me out of the system before I got the rejection letter, which is probably coming today :(

AlreadyInDebt,
I'm worried I've been rejected too! I just tried calling them too, and got a voice mail. I wonder if they are closed or if you were on the phone with them. Anyway, let me know what they told you if you got through. I hope it doesn't mean rejections for us!

That would be really lame if they deleted your account before notifying you of a rejection.

I hope it's just a computer glitch.

Laurie

PS TravellinDoc, I saw you on some UWSOM threads a while back. How's the rest of the process going?

Originally posted by DoctorWannaBe
AlreadyInDebt,
I'm worried I've been rejected too! I just tried calling them too, and got a voice mail. I wonder if they are closed or if you were on the phone with them. Anyway, let me know what they told you if you got through. I hope it doesn't mean rejections for us!

I left a message :( Oh well, better to be disappointed now and not be so hurt when the letter gets to my home. If It is a rejection, that is just tacky. Perhaps they are changing our status to interview?!?!?!? Haha.. that chance is about as fat as my a$$.

WoW! I think that's the first time I've gotten upset enough to cuss!! How sad :(

Originally posted by AlreadyInDebt
Perhaps they are changing our status to interview?!?!?!?

That's what I was hoping this morning, but it is still messed up this evening. I wonder if anyone else has been rejected by Northwestern and can tell us if the same thing happened to them. Otherwise, I'll call tomorrow.

Mine works fine...just says I'm complete, though.

I just checked my page a minute ago and it's working fine. I got my interview offer at the end of November and just recently scheduled it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by calebho501
I just checked my page a minute ago and it's working fine. I got my interview offer at the end of November and just recently scheduled it.

no point in going, you're columbia bound. dont fight fate :p

Originally posted by exmike
no point in going, you're columbia bound. dont fight fate :p

Actually my Northwestern interview gives me a good excuse to visit Chicago again, I like the downtown area a lot.

Plus, what if your crystal ball or tarot card is 99.99% correct, and I end up to be that 0.01%? :D

I just called NW because I also am being told that my last name and my AAMC number don't match. They just said my file was still under review but I should be hearing from them shortly. I wonder if this is just code for we messed up and threw you out of the system before you got rejected.

After I got off the phone, I realized I should have pushed a little harder and asked if being thrown out of the system means I was rejected. If anyone else calls, I suggest you do this so we can find out for sure.

arikansas,
I called Northwestern today too and they told me that my file had been reviewed and I would receive a letter next week. I didn't ask for the decision because I've heard that a lot of schools won't tell you over the phone. I imagine we've been rejected, because I think that people who get interviews are able to access their status page.

My application isn't at the review stage yet, it only says that my application was recieved, but I did talk with them yesterday, and I got the impression that they are not going to reject anybody yet. It won't be for another month or two, so I guess you guys shouldn't worry that much.

Hi,
I just wanted to let you know that I also called the NW admin office this afternoon because I cannot access my account on the status page either. They told me the same thing they told DoctorWannaBe - that I would be receiving something in the mail next week.

So I asked them if I cannot access my info on the status page, does that mean I've been rejected. They said they cannot give out that information over the phone.

-Huxley

When were your applications complete?

I have actually had numerous problems with northwestern throughout the application process. I was initially applying md/phd, but then I changed to just md. However, northwestern sent me a secondary for the md/phd program after i told them i was just applying md. When I called to explain the situation again, and to find out if I was also being asked to fill out the secondary for the md program, there was a lot of confusion, but I was ultimately told that I was not being asked to do so. I checked in with them a month later, and was told that I had missed my chance to fill out a secondary application. When I explained what had happened, they agreed to send me a new secondary, which I completed and filed at the end of September. Last month, I randomly received another secondary application from them. When I inquired about that, they said it was a mistake. Another mistake. I really like Northwestern, but I am certain that throwing us out of the system was also a mistake in that they made the decision to reject us and inadvertently threw us out of the system before we found out. The only thing that I find to be uncertain is that you guys were told you would get decisions next week, and I was told that no decision was made but that I should hear from them shortly. Unless my secretary was just trying to avoid having me ask what the decision was, this all adds up to a lot of uncertainty about what the hell is going on out in chicago :confused:

I also can't log in to the status page any longer. Looks like rejection to me.

Gibna,
I was complete 10/27.

-Huxley

All I can say about this is that it is cruel to throw us out of their system before even mailing the letter. The phone lady told me that I would get a decision next week, which sounds to me like they haven't even mailed it yet. :mad:

I'm in the same boat. Let's hope it's not a rejection, and relax until we can find out for sure.

I'll post my results when I find out so that others know what to expect.

How can it NOT be a rejection?!? I haven't even interviewed there yet! Of course it's a rejection! ... Tacky!

Man, I'm so anxious to get an interview at NW. I can still login, complete since Nov 17... Hope I get a few interviews for early x-mas presents but especially at NW.:scared:

How can it NOT be a rejection?!? I haven't even interviewed there yet! Of course it's a rejection! ... Tacky!

I don't quite understand the logic there. Care to elaborate?

O.K. Someone posted this:

I called Northwestern today too and they told me that my file had been reviewed and I would receive a letter next week.

I haven't received an interview invite yet and I am out of the system... AND there's a decision letter coming my way? Come on, it's not brain surgery!

Originally posted by jay16942

Also, as far as I know, those who have received interviews can see it on their status page. Since our status pages have been disabled for about a week, I'm guessing it is a rejection.

Hi,

I posted last week that I was also unable to access my status page. I just wanted to let you know that I received a rejection letter (pre-interview) from northwestern today with the letter dated 12/12/03. =(

-Huxley

Originally posted by huxley
Hi,

I posted last week that I was also unable to access my status page. I just wanted to let you know that I received a rejection letter (pre-interview) from northwestern today with the letter dated 12/12/03. =(

-Huxley

I can still access the site, althought I'm not holding out much hope for an interview there. Maybe they forgot to deactivate my status page.

I can still access the site, althought I'm not holding out much hope for an interview there. Maybe they forgot to deactivate my status page.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

like I said, Tacky!!

I'm inclined to agree. :mad:

I'm in the same boat as exmike. I was complete in August but still can access that page. I pretty much gave up on NW, I don't know what's goin on with them. :confused:

I was complete in late October, and I just got the pre-interview rejection letter today. They must have already reviewed your file Lux Aeterna, if they already got to mine and you sent in yours a lot earlier than me. Maybe you still have a chance of getting an interview.

Originally posted by DoctorWannaBe
I was complete in late October, and I just got the pre-interview rejection letter today. They must have already reviewed your file Lux Aeterna, if they already got to mine and you sent in yours a lot earlier than me. Maybe you still have a chance of getting an interview.

but the question is, can you access the page?

Well I spent today making phone calls to all the med schools I was still waiting on :p (for some reason, I NEVER get through when I call Stanford but that's a different story:rolleyes: ), and the NW lady told me I was STILL under review.

I just thought that was weird since I had been complete for SOO long, that they had to have looked at my file multiple times before that you'd figure they could have made a YES interview her or NO chuck her file decision by now!

No, I was kicked out a week ago along with everyone else on this thread. I actually started this thread.

No, man. DoctorWannaBe already commented earlier on the thread that he couldn't access the page.

We're still alive, mike! ;)

Originally posted by kwanny
No, man. DoctorWannaBe already commented earlier on the thread that he couldn't access the page.

We're still alive, mike! ;)

a pulse? do i feel a pulse? northwestern, we're losing kwanny and mike fast, 500CC mannitol and an interview stat!

I just declined an interview there. Hopefully the spot will go to one of the sdn'ers waiting to hear. :) Good luck y'all.

TF

Aight kids. I was complete on 11/14...and I can still access the page. I'll let y'all know when they interview me or kick me off the system. Don't know if I'd go if they offered me the interview...maybe if I hadn't gotten into any decent places yet...or if I was gonna be in Chi-town anyway...

Good luck to everyone...we're all gonna pull through this.

Originally posted by ewing
Aight kids. I was complete on 11/14...and I can still access the page. I'll let y'all know when they interview me or kick me off the system. Don't know if I'd go if they offered me the interview...maybe if I hadn't gotten into any decent places yet...or if I was gonna be in Chi-town anyway...

Good luck to everyone...we're all gonna pull through this.

dude, i was complete 9/12! are they using it as a paperweight??

dude, i was complete 9/12! are they using it as a paperweight??

Paperweight? nah... as a doorstop.

Originally posted by Lux Aeterna
Well I spent today making phone calls to all the med schools I was still waiting on :p (for some reason, I NEVER get through when I call Stanford but that's a different story:rolleyes: ), and the NW lady told me I was STILL under review.

I just thought that was weird since I had been complete for SOO long, that they had to have looked at my file multiple times before that you'd figure they could have made a YES interview her or NO chuck her file decision by now!

I got a sense that they hold back certain application and wait and see before they make the decision.

I was completed in August, and got the interview offer in Novemeber or so...I was thinking maybe they were waiting for the August MCATers before they make a decision. Now it's Decemeber, I think they're waiting to see how many people from the Novemeber acceptance pool decline their offer.

Originally posted by CalBeE
I got a sense that they hold back certain application and wait and see before they make the decision.

I was completed in August, and got the interview offer in Novemeber or so...I was thinking maybe they were waiting for the August MCATers before they make a decision. Now it's Decemeber, I think they're waiting to see how many people from the Novemeber acceptance pool decline their offer.

If thats the case i'm flattered that they're even still considering me!

a pulse? do i feel a pulse? northwestern, we're losing kwanny and mike fast, 500CC mannitol and an interview stat!

No pulse, mike. They lost me. :(

Just found out I got rejected today... Hope you have better luck, man.