problem-based learning

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

moonbeam

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! I'm a first year medical student in a university which practices the problem-based learning curriculum. Any tips on how I could survive this innovative curriculum with flying colors? Thanks! I'm also interested in tips on early preparation for getting into a US residency program. I'm from an Asian university, by the way, but I do have a green card.

Members don't see this ad.

problem based learning is used different at different US medical schools so I am sure that it is different at your university. I would just suggest that you not go into PBL with high expectations of actually learning the material there and instead focus on practicing making good presentions there while learning the material from books on your own.

i've been looking at PBL schools. keep us posted on how that type of program works for you. i learn better that way. but i believe each school has it's own way of teaching PBL.

Members don't see this ad :)
My school is a PBL school. It's really no big deal. Just carry your Harrison's pocket reference and the Washington Manual with you to the sessions and you will be fine.

hi moonbeam are you studying at uerm?