1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

problem-based learning

Discussion in 'Medical Students - MD' started by moonbeam, Jun 16, 2001.

1. moonbeam

moonbeam Junior Member

Hi! I'm a first year medical student in a university which practices the problem-based learning curriculum. Any tips on how I could survive this innovative curriculum with flying colors? Thanks! I'm also interested in tips on early preparation for getting into a US residency program. I'm from an Asian university, by the way, but I do have a green card.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. ckent

ckent Membership Revoked
    Removed

problem based learning is used different at different US medical schools so I am sure that it is different at your university. I would just suggest that you not go into PBL with high expectations of actually learning the material there and instead focus on practicing making good presentions there while learning the material from books on your own.

4. supertherapiss

supertherapiss Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

i've been looking at PBL schools. keep us posted on how that type of program works for you. i learn better that way. but i believe each school has it's own way of teaching PBL.

5. Fanconi

Fanconi Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

My school is a PBL school. It's really no big deal. Just carry your Harrison's pocket reference and the Washington Manual with you to the sessions and you will be fine.

6. jue

jue Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

hi moonbeam are you studying at uerm?