Problem Based Learning

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AZO

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is Ohio Universty COM the only osteopathic medical school that has a PBL curriculum? Are there others that have hybridized programs (PBL/traditional)(PBL/modern)?

Members don't see this ad.

KCOM does not have a fully problem based learning curriculum. They do use it, but they do not have enough faculty to put it fully into their curriculum.

Has Ohio University sent Applications for it's PBL program yet? I was not sure they were going to have such a program especially with the changes in the Boards

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm not sure I understand your question. Ohio Unversity uses ACOMAS. Secondaries will most likely not be sent out for some time. OU-COM has two curriculums. One curriculum exclusively using PBL and a second curriclum that functions more like a hybrid (traditional/PBL). OU-com seems very innovative.

my question is: The students in the PBL program at Ohio University appliy for the program after acceptance to the school. In other words all new in coming students are sent apps after acceptance to apply to the program. So, does any one know if Ohio University has sent it's PBL Application yet.THANKS

[This message has been edited by alfredoatlas (edited July 05, 1999).]