Problem if I move my April MCAT to May?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

guitarguy23

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Will I be behind the application curve if I move my MCAT test date from 4/17 to saaay 5/23?

I know a lot of schools do rolling admissions and I want to be at the front when they start giving interview dates. How would this affect my AMCAS application?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think a 5/23 MCAT will delay your AMCAS application much, if at all.

Still submit your AMCAS (without MCAT) when it opens the first week in June. Then, once your score comes in, it will be sent to all your schools. In 2009, AMCAS opened on June 2, and schools did not receive the first applications until the 3rd week of June. The first secondaries started coming out last week of June with most being sent in July. So based on these dates/this timeline, I think you'd be fine with a May MCAT.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't think a 5/23 MCAT will delay your AMCAS application much, if at all.

Still submit your AMCAS (without MCAT) when it opens the first week in June. Then, once your score comes in, it will be sent to all your schools. In 2009, AMCAS opened on June 2, and schools did not receive the first applications until the 3rd week of June. The first secondaries started coming out last week of June with most being sent in July. So based on these dates/this timeline, I think you'd be fine with a May MCAT.

Basically reaffirms my thought process when I picked out my May date.

Still submit your AMCAS (without MCAT) when it opens the first week in June. Then, once your score comes in, it will be sent to all your schools.
You'd want to do this because early in June it takes a few days to verify your transcripts. By the end of June it can take a few weeks. If you are not confident of your MCAT score, you can designate a single school when you submit, to get the process going, then add more schools when you know your MCAT score (newly-added schools will get the entire application within 24 hours) depending on how competitive the score is (or isn't).