Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Problem related to IM fellowship application

Discussion in 'Confidential Consult' started by Tildy, Dec 5, 2008.

1. Tildy

Tildy 12 yrs old, feels like 84
    Faculty Moderator Emeritus SDN Advisor 7+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    There are some others who might chime in on this, but in general I wouldn't be too worried. Chapter publications reflect your expertise on a topic and won't be a substantial part of how your application was reviewed - esp. second authored ones. At the time of interview, if it comes up or you feel a need to bring it up, just discuss your interest/knowledge of the topics of the chapters and tell the story you described here. I don't this will cause much problem. We'll see what others say.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. zeloc

zeloc Senior Member
    Physician Faculty 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    If what you're saying is true, then explaining it would look very suspicious and not mentioning it would not be dishonest in the context of what has happened. If this book is not available in this country, there is no way for them to verify the publication either. If you are asked about the chapters, you would be able to readily discuss them as you are very well versed in the material.

My question is, how is it that your name was "forgotten?" This seems like a rather large mistake. Is there an upcoming edition that would mention that you were omitted in the first one? If it comes up at an interview that your name is not listed among the authors, you could explain the situation and give the author's contact information to confirm that you actually wrote the chapters.