Problem with Duke payment?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

j0ker918

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did anyone else have a problem with the Duke payment? I filled out everything and hit submit and this error page shows up with something along the lines of "error connecting to SMTP server" amongst all this other mumbo jumbo. I called the office and they say they won't know if it went through till tomorrow so I should wait. On the other hand when i re-logged back in and tried to resubmit payment, it said I had submitted already BUT my status page says my supplemental is still active and not locked.

Anyone have a similar problem?

Members don't see this ad.

j0ker918 said:
Did anyone else have a problem with the Duke payment? I filled out everything and hit submit and this error page shows up with something along the lines of "error connecting to SMTP server" amongst all this other mumbo jumbo. I called the office and they say they won't know if it went through till tomorrow so I should wait. On the other hand when i re-logged back in and tried to resubmit payment, it said I had submitted already BUT my status page says my supplemental is still active and not locked.

Anyone have a similar problem?

bump i had the same problem.. :confused:

~LR

LRmed2003 said:
bump i had the same problem.. :confused:

~LR

me too...this angers me

Members don't see this ad :)
Shaz said:
me too...this angers me
I encountered the same problem with the payment.

Regarding the "application still in progress" status, I read on a previous thread a few years back that someone in the admissions office physically needs to update the status page before it will change to "supplemental application submitted." Also, after I submitted my application, a note appeared mentioning that the status would not change immediately, but that if it did not change within 2-3 days I should contact the admissions office.

I got that error message, too. But when I tried to go back through and try again, I got a message saying that my payment had been submitted. So maybe we're okay :crosses fingers:

hey kids..

check your status on duke's site today...they have a msg that says you submitted pymt but haven't locked your app. sooo... make sure that you go back and click the link to lock it so it can be processed...

LRmed2003 said:
hey kids..

check your status on duke's site today...they have a msg that says you submitted pymt but haven't locked your app. sooo... make sure that you go back and click the link to lock it so it can be processed...
This appeared to move things forward. However, has anyone been able to determine from the online status page whether Duke has received your letters of recommendation?