Problem with LORs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lotanna

Child of God
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm having a problem with 1 of my LORs, even though schls require minimum of 3, i'm submitting 4. My boss, who is writing 1 for me, might not get hers done for another 2 weeks, her father in law passed, and she's out for a week. I can send my other 3 LORs out, but I dont want the schls to make a decision till they get hers as hers has more weight. She has known me for 4.5yrs, and is an assistant dean at the med schl here, plus has been a director of admissions, and knows what to write. In other words, I need her letter!!!! :)
Do I wait for hers, before sending all the LORs out, which is what I want to do. I've only sent out 3 secondaries anyway, still haven't received all my secondaries.

Members don't see this ad.

unless all your other letters suck, i vote send now. the admissions offices might not even get to them for another two weeks. the clock is ticking right now. and, if you want/can front the bill, is if she get hers done in the next 10-14 days, send it overnight immediately to be put into your file. if the timing is right, they should get to the adcom at the same time. just my 2% of a $

good luck :)

I would go ahead and send what you have now and then when you get hers, go ahead and send it in. I am running into a similar problem. One of the people who is supposed to be writing my recommendation letters has failed to do, though she has assured me that she has sent them out. I found this out when I started receiving e-mails about my incomplete file and started to contact schools to see what is going on. In each instance, it has been the same person who has failed to write the letters.

As of right now, I am in the process of trying to locate someone else to write those letters for me, as well as trying to contact this person to be sure that she is indeed writing them. I feel that having too many LOR's is better than not having enough. Most of the schools that I have contacted have been willing to work with me on this and have assured me that this is not uncommon.

It may not be uncommon, but it really ticks me off! I put my trust in someone to help me out and this happens. I am a very unhappy camper!
+pissed+

Yeah I'll go ahead and do that, and also try to see that I can get hers done in the next 10-14days.
thanks guys!!:clap: