Process of AADSAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bres

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, Guys.
Sure you all have busy time with preparing for dental schools.

While I also try to submit the application as early as I can, I came up with a question about how AADSAS handles the applications.

Do they have certain date(period) sending the applications to dental schools all together OR they send the applications any time when an individual application is approved to be sent?

According to the AADSAS website, the schedule of event tells "The first mailing is processed and mailed to the dental schools" in june. What does that mean?

Then when would be regarded as early apply?

Best luck~

Members don't see this ad.

bres,

They process the applications in batches. Just because you submit your application doesn't mean that action will be taken with it at that same time. The application could sit until the next batch processing, which might be 2-3 weeks away.

Originially, AADSAS had planned to process a first batch on June 4, but I now believe the first mailing to schools will take place on June 17 or June 18.

-G

Gavin,

I submitted my online application today. Do you think it will be processed and sent out to the schools with the June 17 or 18 batch? Or is it too late?

Thanks a million!

Pebbs,

I would think yours would be sent out with the first batch, but I really have no idea what is going on with the AADSAS processing.

I submitted my application on June 3 and payed via my debit card -- it's nearly two weeks later and the money still hasn't been withdrawn from my checking account. I believe the payment isn't fully in place until the batch is processed.

-G