processed vs. verified

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doubledigits

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
My AMCAS application says i have been processed and i assumed this meant schools now had access to my app but i have been hearing a lot of talk about being verified. If my app doesn't say verified does that mean it has not been transmitted to schools? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

sorry you're not getting any love...
but applications are first processed then verified. then the application is processed, it is sent to schools... and most schools will send you info on secondaries. but then your app has to be verified... i.e. you transcript checked against you AMCAS grades. when your application is verified, that final version is sent to schools and that is the AMCAS version schools will use to make their decisions...
HTH

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm still confused, I thought all was well when I submitted my application in July, but then last week I got this wierd email about my app being complete. Huh? My app said it was verified and processed a long time ago, I'm good to go right, especially since schools have been telling me my app is complete? Anyways my question is about transmission dates, why are some schools missing them even though they have told me my app is complete? Can anyone help me? Arghhh, i hate this application process!!!!!

Processed=verified. Do search on this, there are a number of threads.

The lack of transmission dates is from some schools not accepting the electronic version that amcas makes available. These schools wait for the hard copy through the mail, so they will never show a transmission date. I don't remeber which schools do this, but there are also threads with this info, so again do a quick search.

Cheers DALA