Processed!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by rxfudd, Aug 28, 2001.

1. rxfudd

rxfudd 1K Member

Attending Physician
    And it's about time, too.

Submitted 6/23, processed 8/27.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Smoke This

Smoke This Sweet cuppin' cakes!

A little over 9 weeks, huh? You must have been on the VIP list or something to get such quick service. :rolleyes:

4. rxfudd

rxfudd 1K Member

Attending Physician
    It's cause I'm a rock star. And a celebrity. AMCAS must like rock star celebrities...

5. praying4MD

praying4MD 2K Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Don't be so sure of yourself rxfudd. Just to let you in on the inside scoop: Your groupie/agent put in a good word for you while she was schmoozing with the AAMCAS folks. What are agents for anyway? I'll be expecting my check in the mail. :D

6. Hopkins2010

Hopkins2010 Banned
    Banned

If memory serves me correctly, I seem to remember that I was the very first person on SDN to get processed and verified.

Date submitted: 6/29
    Date certified: 6/29
    Date MCAT scores showed up on my app: 7/19
    Date I got the new 'change notification process' button: 7/20
    Date processed: 7/21
    Date of first email saying I got processed by AMCAS: 8/15
    Date of second email stating that I was finished with verification: 8/19
    Date I got the red X's: 8/22
    Date of yet a third email stating that I was completely finished and done processing and verifying: 8/27

Dont I get some kind of prize? :rolleyes:

7. praying4MD

praying4MD 2K Member

Resident [Any Field]
    If you get a prize for being first, I should definitely get a consolation prize for being the LAST to get processed. The UNprocessed are People TOO! ;)

{Enter Me overlooking the Southern plantations saying, "As God is my witness, as God is my witness they're not going to lick me! I'm going to live through this and when it's all over, I'll never go to AAMCAS again!"

AAMCAS promptly replies: "We want to convey my sincere apologies to all 2002 applicants for whatever difficulties you may have encountered with the new application system. Since we have all your money now, we want to reassure you that, Frankly my dear, we don't give a damn... Starting next week, the AAMCAS staff will give even less than a damn."}

In fact, maybe I should get special consideration for admissions because I now fall into the URM category:
    Unprocessed, & Really Mad!

8. rxfudd

rxfudd 1K Member

Attending Physician
    The check is in the mail, praying4md. Now where's my record deal?

9. grasshopper

grasshopper Senior Member

You guys are hilarious! I'm right there with ya' . . .submitted on the 23rd of June, completely untouched application. Except now it says I submitted on July 10, which the lady on the phone assures me is not true. Apparently it doesn't matter anyway, since the "queue" seems to be more of a "heap".

10. cm7b5

cm7b5 Senior Member

I want to be processed!!! It's almost as if AMCAS is like "the borg" of Star Trek fame, and we are all just waiting to be assimilated. Our next email from AMCAS reads, "RESISTANCE IS FUTILE!!!"

I want to be a processed lunch meat!!!!!!! :D :D

Or as Homer Simpson would say:
    mmmmmmm... sodium benzoate......... :D

11. praying4MD

praying4MD 2K Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I'm working on it, I'm working on it! A girl can only sleep with so many record exec's at a time (especially if being good looking is a pre-requisite!) Patience is a rare virtue I see. ;)

Or maybe you would like me to handle it with AAMCAS Customer Service Rules: "We Aim to Please... Ourselves."

"I want to convey my sincere apologies to rxfudd for whatever difficulties you may have encountered with your new agent. I want to reassure you that only AFTER the check has been successfully cashed will the record deal hunt begin. In the event that this has occurred, starting next week, your agent will be working around the
    clock to ensure that your demo is processed and circulated to all record labels in which you are interested.

I congratulate you on your decision to pursue music as a career and wish you the very best of luck in achieving your goals."

HA! So sue me for plagiarism on this one AAMCAS. I dare you! :p

12. rxfudd

rxfudd 1K Member

Attending Physician
    Sleeping with record execs is a great idea, praying4md! It seems to have worked for Courtney Love. :D

Maybe I need to start doing cheesy promos - like autographed frisbees with my face on it or official key chain bottle openers with my logo. That way, after you sleep with David Geffen, you can leave him something to remember you (well, me really) by. My mug, on a big, neon yellow frisbee!