Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Prof. No longer works at school...LOR???

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by 92CamaroLS1, Mar 26, 2007.

1. 92CamaroLS1

10+ Year Member

Dentist
    Hello,

I have teacher I had that I would really like to ask for a LOR, but she no longer works at my school. The only contact infomation I have is her e-mail at her new school she works at (I think?).

I was just wondering how I should go about this? Is it proper to ask over email for a LOR? This is the non-science professor LOR, (she was my sculpture teacher, younger lady, may not care about being "proper"). Should I try an set up a meeting with her? Should I not ask her for the letter at all? Any ideas?

Thanks

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. xdianaax

xdianaax In memory of Riley Jane
    Moderator Emeritus 7+ Year Member

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    E-mail her, see if she remembers you, and then see what her reply is. From there ask her if it is possible if she could write you an LOR because you want to apply to dental school. Tell her you're willing to come meet with her again (if it's possible) or do whatever she wants. This is not an impossible situation.

4. 92CamaroLS1

10+ Year Member

Dentist
    Thanks, I took your advice...I was just more worried that it is totally taboo to ask for a LOR via email. I honestly could say she probably wouldnt care, shes pretty laid back. I know it wasnt an impossible situation, just wasnt sure how to go about it. Thanks again!