Professional Goals and Aspirations for 2019?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drusso

Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
Reaction score
Open an ASC? Open your own practice? Expand a service line? Learn a new skill or procedure? Implement a new EHR? Find more efficiencies and value in current operational activities? What are your goals for 2019?

I'd like to review and renegotiate all payer contracts; review & update all terms on group purchasing agreements and vendor contracts; reduce discretionary spending and associated staff payroll costs 5-10%.

Members don't see this ad.

Professional goals
1. Open Satellite office
2. Bring NP on board

Personal goals
1. Don’t let others disturb your inner peace
2. Be more patient
3. Run a half marathon
4. Spend less time on the phone

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
catch more fish and start my fishing charter business
enjoy watching my 7 y/o son grow and play baseball
watch my 17 y/o brother start college and try to convince him to stay away from medicine

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Retire

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 7 users
I usually try to set the tone for my year in it's first few days.
So, 2019 will largely consist of me ****ting uncontrollably because I ate bad chili, then stepping on the scale and feeling real proud of myself.

BUCKLE UP, GUYS

Reactions: 1 user
I'm thinking new job, new scotch, and maybe a new hobby.

Well, new job this year, so my professional aspirations are getting my feet underneath me in a new setting. Personally, I hope to read more books and less sdn/reddit.

Yesterday I saw a woman trip in the parking lot. I helped her and stayed with her until the ambulance came. She said, "You helped me so much, what's your name?" I just moved on...

I am closer to achieving my 2019 goal of being this guy...

Reactions: 1 users
1A24E5B3-5226-42EB-9F78-88A8A2CA1006.jpeg
C59C8957-7BFA-4255-BD67-D95C5F009913.jpeg

New boat, new memories to be made

Reactions: 8 users
Boating is what I miss most about living in South Florida. Where else in the US can you own a waterfront house with a lift and a boat that can take you to a tropical paradise (Bahamas) before the sun sets on a Friday afternoon? Nowhere! Except maybe Puerto Rico?

Trivia point: What US state has the FEWEST registered boats AND fewest registered boats per capita?
Answer: Hawaii