Professional that works with children with hearing loss - Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Slp2Be

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! I am an SLP student enrolled in a course in auditory rehabilitation. I have an interview assignment, and I would greatly appreciate any answers you can provide to the following questions. Thank you in advance for your time!

Here are the questions:

1. What is your role in working with children with hearing loss, or more specifically, what are your duties that involve children with hearing loss?

2. When you work with children who have hearing loss, what are the two or three consequences or effects of the hearing loss that you think have the biggest impact on the child’s life?

3. Do you think that children with hearing loss are being adequately served in the area where you work?

4. What kinds of things would you like to see happen differently for children with hearing loss where you work?

5. If you are familiar with the speech and language services that children with hearing loss receive in your school or community, do you think that these services are meeting the needs of the students? Why do you think this?

6. If you are aware of the hearing related services that children with hearing loss are receiving in the schools or community where you are, do you think that these services are meeting the needs of the students? Why do you think this?

7. Do you have anything that you would like to see done differently by people who work with kids with hearing loss? (e.g. programs, funding, devices, etc..)

Members don't see this ad.