professors and research

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
S

swiftaqwer

Members don't see this ad.

are you fugly?

if not maybe they just like you or think you would make a great researcher.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would assume fugly means ugly? To be humble, I don't think I am ugly nor am I hot. People have said that I am just cute and pretty even when I do not pay attention to my appearance (during test days).

It is just frustrating, that's all.

na was just making fun incase you looked like a freaking ogre and the professors saw a better fit locking you away in some lab at the bottom of the chemistry building :smuggrin:

they probably just think that you would make a great researcher, and also they probably dont have experience with md stuff or hear bad things about the way the physicians careers are headed.

A lot of my professors are telling me (directly and indirectly) to go into research (public health) as a way to help people as oppose to medicine. While they have not said, "don't do medicine," I get the vibe that they think research is better suited for me.

Sometimes I find their suggestions frustrating. What are they implying about my personality and/or intelligence?

My clients (from volunteer work) appreciate my presence. I do think I am a people person.

What's the difference between those who are in medicine vs. public health research?

They're giving you a compliment... take it

but both careers (researcher vs. being a doctor) require intelligence, analytical skills, curiosity, people skills, problem solving skills, having different insights.....

what's the difference between being a researcher vs. being a doctor?

I guess, technically, you can help more ppl through public health research, so I would take it as a compliment.

If it makes you feel better, my PI said he better not see me in 10 years as a neurosurgeon, ct surg, or ENT, due to my sometimes clumsy nature.