Professors haven't responded to emails about letter of recommendation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I have emailed 3 professors about letters of recommendation and I haven't heard back from two of them. I emailed one professor in May and never heard from him. However, I later found out he switched jobs so I don't know how to contact him. The other two I emailed in early December and I haven't heard back from one of them in almost a month. The other one asked what type of LOR I wanted and then stopped replying. I know that both these professors know who I am, since I made a good grade in their class and participated in a majority of the office hours they held throughout the semester. I'm applying to dental school this coming cycle and I'm starting to get worried that I'm not going to receive any letters of recommendation. Any advice? Has anyone else been going through the same thing since the pandemic started?

Members don't see this ad.

Ask again. If they ever gave out their office phone number during classes, try calling them. Try finding someone else if you can’t get letters from them.

Reactions: 1 user
I asked for all my letters IN PERSON. Makes a difference if possible!

Reactions: 1 user