Professors suffer from sleep deprivation too!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dbhvt

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
An email sent to my professor 10 minutes ago:

Re: final exam

Prof. XXXXX,

I have my exam, and the handout you gave with the answers, but I can't
seem to find the questions for exam 2. Could you send them to me in an
email as an attachment (or post them on the website)?

Thanks,
dbhvt

(explanation: I was studying my old exams in preparation for the final, which is Wednesday)

Her response (5 minutes ago):

Here you go.

(attached: document entitled Exam 2)

I open the document:

DXXXXXX XXXXXXXX

Final Exam

200 Points total - 20 point per question

Questions: (10 essay questions all typed out nicely)

Answers: (Detailed answers to all 10 questions.)

Members don't see this ad.

:laugh: Wow....if you are being serious that is crazy. Did you reply back and point out the mistake?

I hope you point out her mistake and let her know you have a copy of the final. Don't risk her figuring it out before she thinks you acted dishonestly for not telling her.

Members don't see this ad :)
SuzieQ3417 said:
:laugh: Wow....if you are being serious that is crazy. Did you reply back and point out the mistake?

Yep. I took exactly 30 seconds to process what happened, and emailed her right back. Then I ran around my apartment in circles. Then I got on SDN to share the craziness.

Really, It's not even an ethical dilemma. I'd like to think I would have done the right thing if it was an ethical dilemma. But in this situation it's just simple self-preservation. She has a copy of the email she sent out, not telling her would have just been academic suicide.

dbhvt said:
Yep. I took exactly 30 seconds to process what happened, and emailed her right back. Then I ran around my apartment in circles. Then I got on SDN to share the craziness.

Really, It's not even an ethical dilemma. I'd like to think I would have done the right thing if it was an ethical dilemma. But in this situation it's just simple self-preservation. She has a copy of the email she sent out, not telling her would have just been academic suicide.

What's she going to do now? Redo the whole test?

Apparition said:
What's she going to do now? Redo the whole test?

I guess so.
Either that or reward me for my honesty and use the same questions.

Wow... when I opened this thread that wasn't what I was expecting.. or at least not to that extent. One of my professors messed up and wrote a test with 3 questions that he never covered... it was supposed to be on the following test apparently.

At least we know they're human too!