Profile of Successful Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

triplerox

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those of you extraordinary individuals who have been accepted into pharmacy schools, what do your profiles look like (if you dont mind). The purpose behind this is for us pre-pharm to learn what it takes to get nto a pharm school successfully!

You can use a format such as this:

School:
Major:
GPA:
PCAT:
EC's:

Thanks =]

Members don't see this ad.

For those of you extraordinary individuals who have been accepted into pharmacy schools, what do your profiles look like (if you dont mind). The purpose behind this is for us pre-pharm to learn what it takes to get nto a pharm school successfully!

You can use a format such as this:

School:
Major:
GPA:
PCAT:
EC's:

Thanks =]

I don't think my info will help you pass your classes.

Members don't see this ad :)
BA in Int'l Relations/French/European Studies-Canisius College
pre-pharmacy SUNY Buffalo
cGPA 3.53
science GPA 3.65
PCAT 73
EC's-didn't really have any except for some honors societies. I also worked throughout school and volunteered in a hospital pharmacy.
LORS-3 great LORS, 1 from a pharmacist.
Accepted-South U and St John Fisher
INterviews Declined- UC-Denver, Wingate
Oh and nail your interviews....that's what I did it meant I got accepted right away as opposed to being deferred for a few months.

Here we go again...:beat:

hm? i ran a couple searches but couldnt find anything. i thought it would be a good idea until the proposed "pharmdapplicant" is up .. :cool:

hm? i ran a couple searches but couldnt find anything. i thought it would be a good idea until the proposed "pharmdapplicant" is up .. :cool:

Are you serious?!?!

There has been tons of threads exactly like this one with tons of information from accepted students. Learning to use the search function effectively on this site will help you down the road when you are doing literature searches, so give it another shot please.:thumbup:

Are you serious?!?!

There has been tons of threads exactly like this one with tons of information from accepted students. Learning to use the search function effectively on this site will help you down the road when you are doing literature searches, so give it another shot please.:thumbup:

The search function on this site blows. Same thing with the search functions for any literature searches I do.

Google and Wikipedia, awesome searches come up. Everything else gives me unrelated info.

The search function on this site blows. Same thing with the search functions for any literature searches I do.

Google and Wikipedia, awesome searches come up. Everything else gives me unrelated info.

“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.”- John Wayne

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid."- John Wayne

I haven't laughed this hard in a while. Like always your comments are sharp and on the spot. Sparda, do not take it personally, it's just that his comment is hilarious.

Start using boolean characters like 'AND' or 'OR' and wildcards like '*' or '+' or '-' to help narrow your search results.

Are you a computer science major? Those are the only people I know that use the term "boolean characters" LOL I know cause I'm one of them!

Try using Advanced Search with Boolean characters if you haven't already.

Also, look up the thread for each school like the ones on the front page of this board. Then, you can find information about the profiles of accepted students for a particular school.

Unfortunately, there isn't a MDapps Profile thing for pharmacy applicants.

Members don't see this ad :)
I thought that you couldn't use boolean operators unless you were a donor.

I first ran into the term "Boolean" when I read the "help" section on Lycos. I ran into the term "wild cards" when using Winzip one day. Then, I was reintroduced into those term in an introductory computer science course.

--Garfield3d

Haven't been on SDN too long so maybe I'm not comfortable with it yet, but I must agree, the search function here isn't all that great.

The search function is horrible, as it is with most forums.

School: Cal State Univ
Major: Health Science, w/ an option in Environmental/Occupational Health & Safety, minor in Physical Science.
Overall GPA: 3.2
PCAT: Didn't have to take it for Cali schools.
Work: 9 years total retail experience. 3 years retail pharmacy experience as an ancillary.
EC's: Pre-Pharm club president, vice-president, and member; Health Science club member and vice-president; volunteered at local blood bank 3 hours a week for 1 year, volunteered at Leukemia & Lymphoma Society; volunteer high school baseball coach for 1 season.

I also had a great LOR from my adviser and three LORs from pharmacists. I think my essay was well-written and I feel that I interviewed well too. I also purposely applied 2 years ago (without a B.S. degree) just to get my name and application exposed. I didn't expect to get in, but I felt that it was worth a shot and it was a way for the schools to become familiar with me. I made sure to go to open-houses and I improved my application from two years ago. I think they were able to see me progress as an applicant just by looking at my paper applications.

Major: Health Science, w/ an option in Environmental/Occupational Health & Safety, minor in Physical Science.
Work: 9 years total retail experience. 3 years retail pharmacy experience as an ancillary.
EC's: Pre-Pharm club president, vice-president, and member; Health Science club member and vice-president; volunteered at local blood bank 3 hours a week for 1 year, volunteered at Leukemia & Lymphoma Society; volunteer high school baseball coach for 1 season.

I also had a great LOR from my adviser and three LORs from pharmacists. I think my essay was well-written and I feel that I interviewed well too. I also purposely applied 2 years ago (without a B.S. degree) just to get my name and application exposed. I didn't expect to get in, but I felt that it was worth a shot and it was a way for the schools to become familiar with me. I made sure to go to open-houses and I improved my application from two years ago. I think they were able to see me progress as an applicant just by looking at my paper applications.

which pharm school did u get into?

wat up fellow class mate...and your right the search engine blows along with several people in this thread........

wat up fellow class mate...and your right the search engine blows along with several people in this thread........

Your anger and bitterness are sad. Badmouthing me every time you show up on this site is really getting old.

Sparda, it took me a few times to figure out the right options in advanced search, but here's what I came up with. http://forums.studentdoctor.net/search.php?searchid=5710248
I selected "search thread titles only" and "PharmD forums" for this. I could probably find a few more, but as you said, it's not easy when there are so many options to choose from and finding just the right words for what you're looking for.

Try using Advanced Search with Boolean characters if you haven't already.

Also, look up the thread for each school like the ones on the front page of this board. Then, you can find information about the profiles of accepted students for a particular school.

Unfortunately, there isn't a MDapps Profile thing for pharmacy applicants.

i know, but those role call threads are huge and it will take a long time to go through them. i made this thread thinking maybe it could be a compilation of peoples profile so that others can have easier access like mdapplicants. but i guess this wont work out.