Profile?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

discus

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I thought we only had to fill out the FAFSA, but there's yet another form called the Profile that we need to fill out for certain schools??? :oops:

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah, that also gets sent to schools. It's the CSS profile. You need to fill it out, and then they'll email you telling you to print out a form, photocopy tax returns and stubs, etc, and send it all in. You'll need your parents' information primarily, but yours too if you 're planning on filing a tax return.

And unlike the FAFSA, the profile is *not* free. Partly because it's with the college board (extortions 'r us!).

I thought it was only for some schools?

Members don't see this ad :)
I think that's true. I'm still in undergrad, and my school makes me fill it out every year. Some schools might not give a twit about it though. If you didn't receive notice* que you'd have to fill it out *when you started prepping for your FAFSA, then you probably don't have to fill it out.

DrMike24 said:
I thought it was only for some schools?

I've never filled it out after 4 years of undergrad FAFSA's, and 2 years of med school brackets.

This profile thing may be useful for institutional aid, but it should not legally be able to affect federal aid.