Profits over people

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mister Mxyzptlk

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Nothing we don't already know, but good to share with others. I'm not sure I buy the whole "I didn't realize what a-holez we were until recently" jazz. My guess he is that he made his blood money and got out, then had a tiny twinge from his atrophied conscience. Note that he still considers the CEO a friend and respects him. You can't like and respect someone who is doing this to people. Talk about cognitive dissonance.

http://www.pbs.org/video/video/1178899944/program/1113570149#

Members don't see this ad.

Sobering. But, will Government-run health care be substantially better than Wall Street-run health care?? I don't know. How many of us have been told that established interventional pain treatments are "experimental?"

Every system must ration health care. There is no free lunch. I'm preparing for a meeting with an insurance executive regarding provocation discography coverage. I wonder how successful I'll be in convincing him that this diagnostic test is not "experimental." I wonder how successful I'll be...

Sobering. But, will Government-run health care be substantially better than Wall Street-run health care?? I don't know. How many of us have been told that established interventional pain treatments are "experimental?"

Every system must ration health care. There is no free lunch. I'm preparing for a meeting with an insurance executive regarding provocation discography coverage. I wonder how successful I'll be in convincing him that this diagnostic test is not "experimental." I wonder how successful I'll be...

maybe he thinks since you are experimenting to see provocation reproduces the patients pain or not, it is "experimental" to them.

Much like when we do an ESI, since it might help, and it might not, it is experimental, as we are experimenting with treatments...

Members don't see this ad :)
at least when we experiment we dont leave a scar.

At least when we experiment we don't destroy the entire health care system and the economy.