grapejuice27

GrapeJuice
10+ Year Member
Mar 11, 2005
IL
Status
I was hoping that someone could offer some information about any of the following programs. I know about the academic reputation of each, so I'm looking for information about the quality of education, the atmosphere within the program, and the quality of life of the residents. If anyone is at any of these programs or interviewed there, I'd appreciate any input. Thanks.

University of Alabama-Birmingham, AL
Cleveland Clinic – Cleveland, OH
Vanderbilt – Nashville, TN
Baylor Medical School – Houston, TX
UT Southwestern – Dallas, TX
University of Washington – Seattle, WA
Medical University of South Carolina – Charleston, SC
Tulane University – New Orleans, LA
Mayo School of GME – Scottsdale, AZ
Banner Good Samaritan – Phoenix, AZ
University of Arizona – Tuscon, AZ
Indiana University – Indianapolis, IN
University of Louisville – Louisville
George Washington – DC
UT Galveston – Galveston, TX
UTHSCSA – San Antonio, TX
UT Houston – Houston, TX
University of Oklahoma – Oklahoma City, OK
Ochsner Clinic – New Orleans, LA
LSU – New Orleans, LA

Quite a range, huh?

OP
G

grapejuice27

GrapeJuice
10+ Year Member
Mar 11, 2005
IL
Status
Actually, I know which programs are top-tier: UW, Vanderbilt, UAB, UTSW, Baylor, Cleveland Clinic. I'd also appreciate input on the perceived strength of the other programs listed. I'm just looking to pare my list down before this fall and am looking for any information at all. Thanks.

Jamezuva

Have Faith
10+ Year Member
Aug 7, 2004
Never static
Status
Non-Student
umm...Cleveland Clinic is not top-tier in terms of IM residency. It is for fellowship, esp cards

OP
G

grapejuice27

GrapeJuice
10+ Year Member
Mar 11, 2005
IL
Status
Good to know. I don't think that I could've convinced my wife to move to Cleveland anyway. She's from Texas, if you couldn't tell by my list.

Doctor&Geek

25 > 5 / 15 < 8
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Mar 25, 2002
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
It's not likely that you'll find what you're looking for, so try using the Search tool at the top of the page. To make things easier, use "Advanced Search" and search only this forum. I know I've seen many of the programs you described being discussed (some more than others.)

Good luck!