program start dates

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hapkidochic

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
can you guys comment on what date your program's orientation started this year? I'm planning my honeymoon for June and I want to make sure that it doesn't conflict with potential program start dates. thanks!

Good luck to everyone applying right now!

Members don't see this ad.

most places start on July 1st, but thats when you start working as in intern. freq, there are orientation, BLS, ACLS classes before July 1 that they want you to take.

Early to mid june shouldn't be a problem.

Search; this same question was brought up a few months back. As I recall from what everyone said, I would plan to be very felxible the last 3 weeks of June, with most of the programs starting 'stuff' during the 3rd week of June....but some people reported starting earlier.

Members don't see this ad :)
i think we started june 25th...or whatever that monday before july 1st was. some people started a week before me or just on july 1st for orientation.

we started june 18. 1 week of emergency medicine specific orientation + ACLS/PALS/neonatal. Then 3 days of orientation for all the new residents in the hospital, and then 2 days of ATLS.