ReDox

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 5, 2006
Status
Medical Student
Hey all,

I am interested in PM&R however my school does not have a program so I don't have much exposure to it. I was wondering what you guys knew about the programs in the south. I've read about some of the programs in the north like Rusk, Columbia/Cornell, etc. but not much of the south.

Thanks!

DOctorJay

10+ Year Member
May 8, 2004
Status
Attending Physician
There are plenty of good programs in that geographic area. Baylor, LSU, Emory, UMiami/Jackson Memorial are all places you should be taking a look at.

Baritonebass

10+ Year Member
Feb 7, 2005
Alabama
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Umm UAB in birmingham is good... I go to medschool here and everyone is happy also PM&R funds a Pain fellow...

Feb 17, 2010
Status
Medical Student
Umm UAB in birmingham is good... I go to medschool here and everyone is happy also PM&R funds a Pain fellow...
I agree, UAB program is pretty good. I have interacted many of their residents and attendings and they all are pretty happy with the program.

ampaphb

Interventional Spine
10+ Year Member
May 13, 2007
New Orleans, LA
Status
Attending Physician
The Baylor/UT Alliance and San Antonio would be on most people's top 10 list. Baylor Dallas and UT Southwestern are both good mid-level programs.

Drs. Bayazitoglu at Baylor Dallas, Bruel at Southwestern, and Benny at the Alliance are all recent grads who are open and approachable.

We also have a number of folks on this board who practice in TX, but are not affiliated with a particular institution. Perhaps they could chime in, or could be PM'd for their insight.

RUOkie

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 3, 2009
Status
Attending Physician
I am a not recent Baylor/UT alliance grad (actually the first year of the alliance), so much of my info is outdated. I still know many faculty there so I would be happy to give pros/cons by PM. I also know the PD at SanAntiono, but know little about the program.