Programs requiring recent LORs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

goldengate

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have come across several programs wanting LORs dated w/i the past 6 months, or 12, or 18....the problem is I got most of my letters while I was still doing my 4th yr rotations so they are dated Aug/Sept '04 and March '05. I did not intend to go back to those attendings and ask them to just change the date, so I just submitted what I had. My question is, for those programs requiring recent LORs, how strict are they?

In case you're wondering why I can't get more recent letters, I had graduated in April '05 and been fighting Step 2 CK ever since, until this past Aug. So if programs want my most recent experience, that's all I can offer. :(

Members don't see this ad.

I have come across several programs wanting LORs dated w/i the past 6 months, or 12, or 18....the problem is I got most of my letters while I was still doing my 4th yr rotations so they are dated Aug/Sept '04 and March '05. I did not intend to go back to those attendings and ask them to just change the date, so I just submitted what I had. My question is, for those programs requiring recent LORs, how strict are they?

In case you're wondering why I can't get more recent letters, I had graduated in April '05 and been fighting Step 2 CK ever since, until this past Aug. So if programs want my most recent experience, that's all I can offer. :(

Which specialty? US grad or FMG?

Any input, anyone?