programs to avoid

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

soon2bdoc2003

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'll get this thread started..

Westchester medical center: Program is on probation, new chair(wo)man is very weak, work load is VERY high 75-80 hours per week. Met with 1 attending on interview day who spoke about how residents were lazy and now that you 'only' work 80 hours a week you better read or he will throw you out.. he even made a backhanded slapping gesture during this speech. Only thing they have going for them is a $54k ca-1 salary which pretty much sets them up as the perfect FMG sweatshop. Should come as no suprise that they expect to fill most of their spots with FMG's even in these competetive times. On top of this... they wouldnt validate my parking and I had to pay $5 just to get away from this dump.

Members don't see this ad.

Essentially an all-FMG work program at one of the worst hospitals in America. Malignant workload, non-existent teaching, pissed off/burnt out attendings. As a resident, you're literally on your own at that madhouse.

I don't know if they have a four year program anymore, but when they did, they were forcing their 1st years to do their CA-1 year first in order to keep them from jumping out of the program. I wasn't even sure that was legal.