Programs want to know you passed CS before match?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Elros

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I don't get my CS results until January I think. I'm pretty sure I passed but you never know. Worst case, if I fail, should I not release this to them?

I've heard that if you have a lower Step 1 score, (I got a 205), PD's may want to know you passed CK prior to ranking you. But does this apply as well to CS?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I don't get my CS results until January I think. I'm pretty sure I passed but you never know. Worst case, if I fail, should I not release this to them?

I've heard that if you have a lower Step 1 score, (I got a 205), PD's may want to know you passed CK prior to ranking you. But does this apply as well to CS?

Thanks.

FROM ALL THE PROGRAMS THAT I INTERVIEWED AT, IT WAS STATED THAT PASSING STEP 2 CK AND CS WERE REQUIRED BEFORE THEY RANK AN APPLICANT. BESIDES, HAVING AN APPLICANT WHO DOES NOT PASS STEP 2CS IS A BIG RED FLAG TO PROGRAMS! I AM SURE YOU DID FINE. IT SHOULD GIVE YOU SOME PEACE OF MIND TO KNOW THAT A MAJORITY OF APPLICANTS PASS STEP 2CS ON THEIR FIRST ATTEMPT. BEST OF LUCK TO YOU!:luck:

Programs rank in mid-early Feb. It's not feasible for every applicant to have their CS scores in time for ranking.

205's within one SD of the mean. You won't come up on the radar of many programs. How you interview will be a much bigger deal.

Members don't see this ad :)
Many people I know are taking CS in the spring. CK is nice to have out of the way though. 205 seems like a respectable score to me. Not great but just fine! :)

205 is respectable. We're in the family medicine forum, right?

Yeah. You show up with a 205 first-time and no CS and 99% of programs will shrug and say, "but what I REALLY need to know is, did the guy dance on coffee tables with a lampshade on his head at the potluck?"

Thanks folks.

Does anyone know how long it takes for programs to receive the results after I authorize this on ERAS?

I took CS in November and haven't released it yet, and the schedule says the score will be out by end of January I believe.

Thanks.