Programs with mentors and/or emphases on mindfulness and ACT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mindfulpsych

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to apply this fall for 2017 admission. I'm looking at programs with mentors and emphases on Acceptance and Commitment Therapy and Mindfulness.

I know there's Dr. Richard Davidson at UW-Madison, Dr. Ruth Baer at University of Kentucky, and several people (including Dr. Steven Hayes) at UN-Reno, but what are some other programs and faculty doing research in these areas?

Members don't see this ad.

There are numerous other programs.

Drexel (ACT)
CU Boulder (ACT and mindfulness)
Kent State (less ACT, as far as I know, but mindfulness)
University of Albany
Utah State University

Akihido Masuda was at Georgia State, but appears to have left?

Akihido Masuda (student of Steve Hayes) will be at Hawaii and would be a wonderful person to worth
with.

Members don't see this ad :)
Are you interested in getting clinical training in mindfulness and ACT, or are you interested in specifically doing research on mindfulness or treatment outcome research on ACT? There are also folks who are doing third-wave behavior therapies that are rooted in mindfulness and acceptance but aren't ACT itself. I ask because there are a LOT of people who look at mindfulness and acceptance concepts in relation to a variety of presenting problems and disorders, so it's really a question of if you're interested in ACT specifically (as a treatment package) or in the concepts of acceptance and mindfulness--the latter will give you many more options.