programs with traditional curriculum

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bylee

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys, what programs have an ALL traditional curriculum (versus PBL)? i want to stay faaaaaaar away from PBL cause it just dont suit my style of learning. thanks!!
-b

Members don't see this ad.

the PBL aspect of an otherwise traditional curriculum is so minute. i can personally attest to this at Rosalind Franklin. I was an AP there last year and took most of the 1st yr med classes and we had maybe 4 PBL cases all year. it took minimal time and was pretty lame (though occasionally interesting). i think you're overthinking this. PBL (in theory) should prepare u for your clinical rotations, which is obviously a good thing.

Members don't see this ad :)
i agree, if its just a small part of the curriculum, no deal. however, there are many programs that are converting to or is all PBL. I want to avoid them completely :eek:

Almost all schools have SOME pbl, however minimal.

UT Southwestern is very traditional--and generally OOS'ers get to pay in-state tuition if they can get in. (State mandates that the class be 90% in-state.)

Hate to break it to you, but LIFE is PBL. But, it may be easier to list schools that use lots of PBL, since many, many schools (even UTSW) incorporate SOME degree of PBL in their curriculum nowadays. Therefore my contribution will be that UTMB is pretty much entirely PBL.