programs you hope to hear from now that Nov 1st is almost here

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tawanda

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi everyone,

Well, I have a lot of wonderful interviews lined up that I'm very happy and thankful about but I haven't heard from Univ. of Colorado yet. Anyone hear rumors that they tend to send out most of their invites after Nov. 1? I see several people on our list have invites there already but I'm just curious. It sounds like a great program in a great location so I would be pretty pumped if they sent out an invite.

Anyone have other programs they are really hoping to hear from but haven't yet? The others I haven't heard a peep from are Hopkins, Cornell, Columbia (all dream programs obviously).

happy halloween!

Members don't see this ad.

Vandy- heard nothing
UNC, Northwestern- on hold

I've heard from all the programs on the top of my list (I'm trying to go to a low-key, community-style place), but I'm still waiting on UCLA and UCSF (categorial, regular programs), UC Davis, and Stanford.

For pride's sake. ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
The two I'm really crossing fingers on are UChicago and UNC. Probably won't happen, but I can hope...

Also waiting on Cinci and UCSF but have very little hope. :p Same with NEMC, why does Boston have to be so dang competitive?

The ones I haven't heard a peep from are:

(I'm not holding my breath for these ones)
Boston Childrens
Hopkins
UCSF
Stanford

and

MGH
Colorado (oh please, oh please :luck:)
U. Washington

Needless to say, I applied to too many programs! :D

Still haven't heard from 9 programs- UCLA, UCSF, Stanford, CHLA, U. Washington, OHSU, Colorado, GWU/Children's National, Northwestern.
All these programs except Stanford have offered interviews to SDN members, so hopefully they do most invitations after Nov. 1 or that means I've been rejected from 9 of my 13 programs. :scared:

Still haven't heard from 9 programs- UCLA, UCSF, Stanford, CHLA, U. Washington, OHSU, Colorado, GWU/Children's National, Northwestern.
All these programs except Stanford have offered interviews to SDN members, so hopefully they do most invitations after Nov. 1 or that means I've been rejected from 9 of my 13 programs. :scared:

hmm, maybe you should have applied to some "safety" programs? is it too late now?

I've gotten interviews so far at 13/15 Peds programs, and I've already canceled 3 of those interviews!

The last 2 programs I'm waiting on are Hopkins and Boston Children's...I hope I hear in the next week :rolleyes:

Good luck in surviving the weekend wait :luck:

I've gotten interviews so far at 13/15 Peds programs, and I've already canceled 3 of those interviews!

The last 2 programs I'm waiting on are Hopkins and Boston Children's...I hope I hear in the next week :rolleyes:

Good luck in surviving the weekend wait :luck:

good luck to you too! i called friday for hopkins, and didn't have any problems getting my first choice in january. i left a msg when i got her voicemail and she sent a confirmation email in the blink of an eye.

oh, and sorry, i meant to wish you good luck on your CS, but i forgot, because i can't take that test seriously or give it any respect to save my life. i haven't taken it yet, but i hate it. so really, sorry you have to go through that soon.

good luck to you too! i called friday for hopkins, and didn't have any problems getting my first choice in january. i left a msg when i got her voicemail and she sent a confirmation email in the blink of an eye.

oh, and sorry, i meant to wish you good luck on your CS, but i forgot, because i can't take that test seriously or give it any respect to save my life. i haven't taken it yet, but i hate it. so really, sorry you have to go through that soon.

Wow, I feel the same way. I'm not an actress, and I can't fake my way through a patient who has NO findings. It's so dumb. Fake patients make me want to kill myself....and them. And never with a real patient, do they actually know if you do something wrong. You can cover it up really easily and re-do it. These people know. I am SO dreading CS in February....

Wow, I feel the same way. I'm not an actress, and I can't fake my way through a patient who has NO findings. It's so dumb. Fake patients make me want to kill myself....and them. And never with a real patient, do they actually know if you do something wrong. You can cover it up really easily and re-do it. These people know. I am SO dreading CS in February....

Relax, CS isn't too bad. You just have to make sure to announce everything you're doing so the patient marks it off on their list :). I can understand the anxiety though, I was the same way.

People its pediatrics for gods sake!! It is not a super competitive field. Most of the high powered schools hopkins, chop etc will send out interview invites toward end of november. They want to 1st read your Dean's letters. I trained in a high powered program, and to be honest, it does not really matter that much in the end. The training is all standardized---- x months of NICU blah blah blah. Stop sweating it and stop to smell the roses!!!!!!

It's too early to sweat it yet. Last year, I didn't hear from most of these programs until after Dean's Letters were released. When all was said and done, I got interviews from all but Colorado, and I matched at one of the above programs that I didn't hear from until after Nov 1. No worries yet...

Hey m1234d I saw your post on the other thread about Pitt and replied...CS is such an inconvenience, when my med school does SOOOO many SP cases, OSCEs, CSA, etc, etc...They even videotape us--doesn't that count for something??? Even worse,can I survive a whole day without checking email??? :scared: