Progress???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JulianCrane

The Power of Intention
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
OK, so in the past week, I have been getting 1-2 wrong on each passage that I do. Will this translate into getting a 10 on each section. Also, have anyone take the Kaplan practice exam in the back of their Comprehensive book? Why is the scaling for the Biological Sciences section so harsh -- 10 wrong and you're already down to an 8???

Members don't see this ad.

okay,
take this advice with a grain of salt: when I was taking Kaplan courses, my MCAT prof knew I was shooting for at least 10's. I asked her how many I should get right in each section, and she told me that if you get above 75% in each section, then you're in very good shape. I found that advice to be very true, because after about a month of practise, I noticed that as long as I got anywhere close to a 75% of questions right, my score usually turned out to be at least a 10.

Not sure if this will work on AAMC and other tests too.

Also, don't forget that tests are scored on a curve. A harsh biology curve is only to be expected because MOST people that apply to med school are bio majors and excellent in their own field. My own mCAT had a harsh curve for Bio. Sci and I expect others may attest to this also. Anybody else with conflicting opinions?