yoyohomieg5432

5+ Year Member
Jan 29, 2013
Status
Pre-Medical
I have to present a disease.. it can be any disease but the emphasis is on radiology. Anybody have any good ideas of a disease with interesting radiological findings? Preferably something not super complex.

I know the potential is endless, but i really have a hard time narrowing things down when there is literally anything that can be presented on.

Jun 13, 2016
I have to present a disease.. it can be any disease but the emphasis is on radiology. Anybody have any good ideas of a disease with interesting radiological findings? Preferably something not super complex.

I know the potential is endless, but i really have a hard time narrowing things down when there is literally anything that can be presented on.
Intuscecception?

operaman

7+ Year Member
Jun 7, 2010
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I'd vote for sickle cell.

Tons of radiographic findings on all sorts of studies and each directly tied into the pathophysiology of the disease itself.

Crayola227

The Oncoming Storm
5+ Year Member
Oct 22, 2013
All of Time & Space

Ankylosing spondilitis.

*brobro*

5+ Year Member
Jan 4, 2014
Status
Resident [Any Field]
MSK ultrasound for early inflammatory changes in joints is a pretty hip way to help diagnose early rheumatoid and other forms of inflammatory arthritis. I bet you could compare it to plain films and maybe correlate it with progression and serologic findings.

OnePunchBiopsy

General Surgery
Feb 3, 2014
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Want to go into surgery?

Vascular:
Endoleaks
Aortic dissection
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm

Trauma:
Pneumothorax (spontaneous usually, tension should ideally be treated before rads gets involved)
Liver/Spleen laceration

Peds:
Intussusception
Malrotation
Meckle's Diverticulum
Hirschprung's Disease

General:
Biliary Disease (gallstones, biliary duskinesia (HIDA scan))
Hernias
Colon Cancer

Donald Juan

7+ Year Member
May 22, 2011
GA
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Are you actually a pre-med as your status says? Who are you presenting this to? If it's to a bunch of surgeons, most of the topics discussed will be boring as hell. Of course, if it's to other non-medical people they will probably think anything you say is interesting.

Reactions: Crayola227