Prometric Noise Cancellation Headphones

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zzzBrett

hmm
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I just took the MCAT yesterday at a prometric testing center, and I loved their noise blocking orange headphones! Anyone know where I can buy them?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Heh, I couldn't stand having them on during the test, I'd rather deal with the noise. Anyway, they are just industrial noise blocking earmuffs. You can probably get them in Home Depot or a similar store.

You get some better ones. Heck, the earplugs they sell at Target are better. However, you might have gotten a good pair or something. The ones I had actually sounded like a seashell and didn't block out any noise. That, combined with them slipping and getting my ears hot made me take them off after a minute.

Last edited:
I hope you are kidding, those headphones increased the bass of the keyboard clicks from my neighbors.

Members don't see this ad :)
Agreed that those orange earmuffs sucked. I wore them throughout the whole test, though, cause I hate noise whenever I'm trying to concentrate. (*Waits for comment of someone telling me I shouldn't be a doctor if noise breaks my concentration*)

Anway, if you want some actual high-quality noise-cancelling headphones, get on Amazon and check out their selection. I got some nice ones which ran about $130 but it was definitely worth it since my roommates are insanely loud. I put earplugs in, and then put the headphones over my ears, and I can't hear a thing!

Last edited:
i tried the ones i had at the testing center and they were really too tight- maybe i have a huge head or something?

like captain, i use noise-cancelling headphones as well to block out my roommates. My favorite ones are Audio Technica ATHANCY headphones
http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technic...2?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1269833553&sr=1-2
it's a bit pricey now (think i got mines for 150 or under- can't remember exactly) so you should wait a while or look at an auction site, but it's the best one i tried. Can't recommend them enough.

edit- just checked ebay (i'm bidding on a mic) and found them to be 150 including shipping.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Audio-Technica-...er_MP3_Player_Accessories?hash=item439cb95c17
i'd recommend buying them now, if you're considering, since i believe they are a discontinued line and the newer models apparently have some design flaws unlike the originals. Thus, there's a limited supply of these great headphones. For 150 these provide peace and tranquility and they're worth 10 times their price.

Last edited:
I took the MCAT on Saturday and loved those noise cancellation headphones as well. Bose has some $$ headphones like that... kind of like the ones you see in the SkyMags. They're $300+ though.

So I just took the MCAT yesterday at a prometric testing center, and I loved their noise blocking orange headphones! Anyone know where I can buy them?