SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Prometric review sticky/website?

Discussion in 'Step I' started by basupran, Apr 27, 2007.

1. basupran

basupran ortho, study, cars, lift 10+ Year Member

Jan 24, 2003
    NY
    I think it would be a great idea for there to be either a website or a sticky for site specific prometric reviews. Is there a similar resource so users can look up their site in one thread, and look at what others have thought about it?

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. JayneCobb

JayneCobb big damn hero.... Moderator Emeritus 5+ Year Member

Oct 17, 2006
    I do not know of any sites/threads, and it would be a fairly massive project as there are quite a few Prometric centers.

4. Javad

Javad NeuroForEver 7+ Year Member

Oct 26, 2006
    can someone post their exprience for sites in NewYork? i would really appreciate ur input. i have signed up for the center in RegoPark.
    Thank You

5. Law2Doc

Law2Doc 5K+ Member Physician Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Dec 20, 2004
    I would think it wouldn't really have to be comprehensive from day one. It could come in piecemeal as people took their tests. Eventually it would be a useful resource if enough people posted about their experiences.

6. JayneCobb

JayneCobb big damn hero.... Moderator Emeritus 5+ Year Member

Oct 17, 2006
    I agree that it's doable, but i wonder about feasibility. It would seem to me that these centers can vary drastically from day to day, week to week and from employee to employee. I just think that it's likely that the info can quickly become out dated, especially without high volume in new inputs about different centers. But this is obviously just my opinion, perhaps we should pass it own to Lee?

7. basupran

basupran ortho, study, cars, lift 10+ Year Member

Jan 24, 2003
    NY
    I wish I knew more about computers/websites etc. I would expect this to be a pretty easy project for someone knowledgable. I was thinking state by state searches, followed by the prometric sites available in the state. A simple questionairre (sp?) and a comment form is all that is needed.

Alternatively, there could be a sticky with people responding with information about their prometric site. The user could search through the thread to find out information, but it would be hard to standardize the site names.

Any ideas? I was looking for something like this when I was going to sign up for my step1, but I didn't find anything.