ProntoPass Math Practice Cards????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

m1k1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm have a real hard time with pharmacy calculations. :( A friend of mine just got the prontopass math cards for, $140...yeesh! I wonder, has anyone used these? Is it worth the money especially for someone who needs all the help she can get....?

Thanks!! :D

Members don't see this ad.

I used Pronto Pass..This is a good place to start. I found the test questions harder than pronto pass cards.You MUST know mathsince these questions count for a higher proportional value. Translation..you flunk math you flunk the exam!!!!!!!

Thanks! I already bought them! I need all the help with math I can get! =)

The Prontopass Math is fabulous....... If you can do those problems and understand the concept you will be fine on the Naplex math, without a question

Members don't see this ad :)
m1k1, when are you taking the naplex? let me know how those cards work out for you. i suck at calculations too and was thinking of buying them but would like some feed back first.

Ok, seriously, you guys are trying to spend $100+ on some cards when all you need to do is practice the math in any of the review books. The math on the NAPLEX is VERY easy, and the Lang, APhA, etc books are more than sufficient. Im sure you have a book from your calcs class right? Anyway, its your money, but your worrying over the math for no reason, just practice, whatever source you use and you will be fine.:thumbup:

m1k1, when are you taking the naplex? let me know how those cards work out for you. i suck at calculations too and was thinking of buying them but would like some feed back first.

The ProntoPass Math cards are excellent! They go step by step and explain every problem. There are 300+ math cards with tons of room for practice. In regards to what Pharmcdc said, the review books were not good enough for me. And yes, I have math text books, but prontopass is concise and too the point. I would spend forever going through old text books. For someone who's weak area is math, I highly recommend the cards. Prontopass has relieved alot of stress for me. I think it's worth the money. I take the NAPLEX Aug 2.

The ProntoPass Math cards are excellent! They go step by step and explain every problem. There are 300+ math cards with tons of room for practice. In regards to what Pharmcdc said, the review books were not good enough for me. And yes, I have math text books, but prontopass is concise and too the point. I would spend forever going through old text books. For someone who's weak area is math, I highly recommend the cards. Prontopass has relieved alot of stress for me. I think it's worth the money. I take the NAPLEX Aug 2.

Im glad that it is helping you. I certainly didnt want to come across in a mean way, I just believe the Naplex math is easier than a pharmacy calculations or pharmaceutics class could ever be. It is all about your comfort level when it comes to the test in my opinion. If its better than the books or not, the bottom line is if it makes you feel confident then Great! I still don't believe you need it, but, I would have spent $1000 on something if it would have given me a guarantee!:thumbup: I hope you do well!

Honestly though, if someone can't do the math on the exam then they really shouldn't be a pharmacist! I guess thats the point.