Proper Dress for Second Looks ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BEMD

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
I attempted to search for this but didn't find anything. I apologize if someone has already adressed this.

What is standard dress for a male at second look visits? Is it the same as it was for the interview day or is it a little more casual? I have one coming up in less then two weeks and realized that I have no idea what I am supposed to wear. Does anyone else know? :)

LizzyM

the evil queen of numbers
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Much more casual. Casual pants (but not jeans), open collar shirt or polo shirt. What some people call "business casual". Whereas for the interview you dressed like the PC, for 2nd look you can dress like the Mac. ;)

Nonnahs

Today is the greatest day
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Much more casual. Casual pants (but not jeans), open collar shirt or polo shirt. What some people call "business casual". Whereas for the interview you dressed like the PC, for 2nd look you can dress like the Mac. ;)

ROFL that was awesome. :laugh: :laugh: :love:

Uhm... that's all I wanted to say. :D

BEMD

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score

This is the funniest definition of business casual vs formal dress.:laugh:

Law2Doc

5K+ Member
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
You can never go wrong with business casual.

Agreed. On the one hand, you are already accepted so you can get away with pretty much anything. On the other hand you want to look sharp because this is the first time you will meet many of those who will be your classmates. So go with "smart casual". For guys that is usually non-denim pants, shoes and something with a collar. For women that is, of course, a bustier, mini skirt and stillettos.:D

Law2Doc

5K+ Member
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you are accepting a rural service scholarship, I would avoid wearing this:

49313-main.jpg

I've also been told that it is inappropriate for an OB/Gyn rotation during M3.

I have that outfit in red too. Don't knock it until you walk the walk.

QuantumMechanic

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I attempted to search for this but didn't find anything. I apologize if someone has already adressed this.

its been addressed ad nauseum...

CCLCMer

CCLCM Alum c/o 2011
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score

What is standard dress for a male at second look visits? Is it the same as it was for the interview day or is it a little more casual? I have one coming up in less then two weeks and realized that I have no idea what I am supposed to wear. Does anyone else know? :)
No, you don't have to wear a suit. Go business casual and you'll be fine. :)