• Pharmacy Job Market Webinar

Are you considering applying to pharmacy school but are concerned about job prospects when you graduate? Join us on Wednesday, July 28th at 8 PM Eastern to hear from three PharmDs about their experiences and options outside of retail pharmacy.

BEMD

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Sep 29, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I attempted to search for this but didn't find anything. I apologize if someone has already adressed this.

What is standard dress for a male at second look visits? Is it the same as it was for the interview day or is it a little more casual? I have one coming up in less then two weeks and realized that I have no idea what I am supposed to wear. Does anyone else know? :)

LizzyM

the evil queen of numbers
15+ Year Member
Mar 7, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Academic Administration
Much more casual. Casual pants (but not jeans), open collar shirt or polo shirt. What some people call "business casual". Whereas for the interview you dressed like the PC, for 2nd look you can dress like the Mac. ;)

About the Ads

Nonnahs

Today is the greatest day
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 18, 2006
Sunny Florida
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Much more casual. Casual pants (but not jeans), open collar shirt or polo shirt. What some people call "business casual". Whereas for the interview you dressed like the PC, for 2nd look you can dress like the Mac. ;)

ROFL that was awesome. :laugh: :laugh: :love:

Uhm... that's all I wanted to say. :D

BEMD

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Sep 29, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student

This is the funniest definition of business casual vs formal dress.:laugh:

Law2Doc

5K+ Member
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Dec 20, 2004
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
You can never go wrong with business casual.

Agreed. On the one hand, you are already accepted so you can get away with pretty much anything. On the other hand you want to look sharp because this is the first time you will meet many of those who will be your classmates. So go with "smart casual". For guys that is usually non-denim pants, shoes and something with a collar. For women that is, of course, a bustier, mini skirt and stillettos.:D

Law2Doc

5K+ Member
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Dec 20, 2004
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
If you are accepting a rural service scholarship, I would avoid wearing this:

49313-main.jpg

I've also been told that it is inappropriate for an OB/Gyn rotation during M3.

I have that outfit in red too. Don't knock it until you walk the walk.

CCLCMer

CCLCM Alum c/o 2011
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 10, 2006
Cleveland expatriate
cclcmstudent.blogspot.com
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
I attempted to search for this but didn't find anything. I apologize if someone has already adressed this.

What is standard dress for a male at second look visits? Is it the same as it was for the interview day or is it a little more casual? I have one coming up in less then two weeks and realized that I have no idea what I am supposed to wear. Does anyone else know? :)
No, you don't have to wear a suit. Go business casual and you'll be fine. :)

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.