Proper way to handle group interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PinknGreenMD

Applying to Med School
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I had an interview where it was a group of 6 applicants and 2 interviewers. The interviewers would ask a question and I (being an extrovert) immediately wanted to answer. But, instead I paused, smiled looked at the others in the group, then after about 45 seconds of everyone smiling (sooo awkward) i finally answered and had good feedback. -- only smiles from other applicants..

Next question. Same thing. everyone siting around smiling looking like idiot servaunts ... (by this time i am annoyed as heck! ) I wait about 45 seconds to 50 seconds.. the interviewer said "okay not everyone at once hehe (nervous laughter). So I answered and again good feedback. After I answered the applicants still didnt say anything but nodding their heads like bobble heads lol.

last question.. I refused to answer.. after about a minute and a half, another applicant answered (halleleujah) .. other applicants nodding their heads.. I wanted to answer to so i input my thoughts after her answer was discussed... then.. that was it.. (thank you all for coming we will be in touch. enjoy the rest of your day :) ..

(about me: i am such a team player, i am an encourager definitely, i LOVE to talk and I genuinely take an interest in what others say, I like everyone to feel like they have a voice and I like to not judge but to learn from others that have different beliefs than I.. but i am definitely a leader personality).

omg.. I feel like that was the WORST interview section EVER. I know i would have rocked it out had it been panel interview or even one on one..

How do YOU or how HAVE YOU all handled group interviews?? (especially looking for responses for those that have been accepted.. )

Thanks guys .. :idea:

Members don't see this ad.

For some odd reason this reminded me of group projects - when the groups are randomly assigned - which I equally hate. It's awkward, people don't want to do the work, and some times you get stuck with idiots. :slap:

For some odd reason this reminded me of group projects - when the groups are randomly assigned - which I equally hate. It's awkward, people don't want to do the work, and some times you get stuck with idiots. :slap:

This brings back some pretty funny yet stressful memories from bio group projects freshman year.

Members don't see this ad :)
This brings back some pretty funny yet stressful memories from bio group projects freshman year.

Haha, indeed. Luckily, I usually found people I knew so that way I wouldn't fly across the room and b***h slap someone.

Haha, indeed. Luckily, I usually found people I knew so that way I wouldn't fly across the room and b***h slap someone.

Lol I had an incident where I had an attractive lab partner who used to constantly ask me if I was done with my part of the project. Talk about being neurotic.

Lol I had an incident where I had an attractive lab partner who used to constantly ask me if I was done with my part of the project. Talk about being neurotic.

You should have been all:

pimp-slap-o.gif

What school was this for if you don't mind me asking?